Posted on 01/11/20 @ 09:41 PM (updated 02/29/20
Happy new year !! this is my 5th scenario and the 4th playable on competitive formats!
|No. of Players:
||Rise of Rome
In this scenario The BLUE & YELLOW compete against the RED & BROWN player !
All other slots can be used to spectate.
/!\ Learn to set up a scenario or things might not go as the scenario maker expected:
- Go in settings,select the map and read carefully the description to find out the civilizations you have to set for each players, including you!
- /!\ Difficulty : Hardest.
Reveal map : NO.
All technologies : NO.
Resources : Default.
Age : Default.
Victory : Default.
Pop. : 200.
Teams : [-] for all. ( Team are preset )
WARNING : If the scenario is multiplayer, each player must enter in their respective slot color, do not change the color. ( If you're not in your respective color slot all settings will be mixed up)
To make a players enter in its respective slot color, set as many computers as needed before the player enters the lobby, if an order is needed, make the players join one by one to find their respective slot color.
HOW TO ADD THE MAP IN YOUR GAME :
- Click the little red button "Download files".
- Open or extract the zip folder with the help Winrar or 7zip for example.
- Copy the .scx file that's in it and paste it in your Age of empires "scenario" folder most of the time located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires\scenario
History of the scenario making : (100 hours).
The main idea first came around villagers being able to hide in a large forest when raided outside but also so they can hunt gazellas in this forest.
The village would be surrounded by forest but then came the question of how to assemble playability, balance and design.
The first problematic was that any buildings could remove the special trees so I had to make an underbrush of alternated terrain elevations to prohibit large buildings in the forest, of course prohibit walls, towers and houses, thus the houses needed to be preplaced out of stone throwers range since the only way out of modding was to give the objective for a Bot player to destroy the house of a player. So the house would be placed on the sides of the map protected by cliffs as trading docks would.
Balance, buffed and debuffed untis :
Stone age :
- The clubmen aren't very efficient but since the gold income is capped, axemen become a valuable unit, clubmen can be used to stack them before tool age in order to travel during the stone age.
Tool age :
- Slingers buff : Slingers get -1 range and -1 attack but players start the game with infinite stone which makes the slingers cost only 40 food.
- Archers debuff : Since you are more likely to find slingers around, archers are being debuffed, they also get -1 range. (The ranged units are pretty good when it comes to mass them and on this scenario the battlefield has some terrain elevations that can buff their attack by 50% if they're on it)
- Axemen buff : Axemen are more likely to fight against slingers that don't have any armor, in the bronze age, bronze shield makes them even more efficient against slingers.
Bronze age :
- Villagers debuff : Removal of wheel for a more realsitic effect.
- Archery range units debuff : Over powered chariot archers removed, Cartaginians don't have Composite bowmen, archers get -1 range again in bronze age.
- Hoplites buff : Cartaginian Hoplites have +25%hp.
- Light infantry buffed : Light infantry can be protected by improved Hoplites or Camels in every game, in addition the cavalry cost a lot of gold for a gold capped game.
- Stable units buff : Carthaginians can upgrade nobility giving +15%hp to their stable units and each player starts the game with 2 blind and lame priest which means the stable units are more likely to fall back and heal due to their movement speed.
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
Hey Luna! I haven't approved your other upload because you uploaded the 2v2 version of your map twice. You can upload it again or you can just edit this upload to include both the 1v1 and 2v2 version. I would probably prefer if you did the latter, as I think if somebody likes your maps they're likely to want to get both versions anyway, and we can keep the cluttering in the Granary to a minimum.
Also to anyone considering downloading this: DO IT! This map is beautifully crafted and hands down the most original MP map since Zappy's Coke vs. Pepsi. As I haven't tried it out in online play I can't review it or tell you if it's balanced or even works, but just looking at it is like, WOW!
edit: Don't mind the first part of this comment you did it right I was just a moron and downloaded the same file twice. Still for future reference I think it'd be nice if you bundled your alternative map versions together.
[Edited on 01/13/20 @ 04:29 PM]
Alright, if the size isn't too big then I could do this for future scenarios, about my scenarios curently on the granary, if I organize all the files in one named for example "Siege [Co-op2VsAI,1v1,2v1,2v2]", you'll be able to remove all the others multiplayer series of siege that's it? was asking about the size cause I read somewhere the size of the files had to be low. I tested the gameplay on gameranger and the first patch fixing is written on the 1v1 file comments :)
I think the download size limit was increased not too long ago so it might be higher than what the site says. Zipping a few scenarios together shouldn't be a problem.
Let's not go back and retroactively change your old uploads because I can't be bothered. Just keep it in mind for your future uploads. :)