History of the scenario making :
This scenario has been made with the idea of mixing more balance points than random maps, and design.
The main idea was a desert, more clean for the eyes and less over-saturated for an original design while adding a shade of grass land in the desert to show all the best kind of design the game could give, the second idea was then to implement this grass lands like an oasis would do in the desert around water, but using waterfalls and a twisted river surrounded by vegetables among which we can feel the shade between dried desert and breathing life.
Balance, buffed and debuffed units :
Stone age :
- Clubmen buff : Persian or Macedonian villagers don't have any move speed, hp or armor bonus, it's easier for stone age clubmen to harass opponent.
Tool age :
- Slingers debuff : Players start the game with no stone.
Bronze age :
Archery range units debuff :
- Overpowered chariot archers removed from games.
- Composite bowmen restricted.
- Persian archers have less range.
- In 2v2, Macedonian have -50% stone throwers cost which counters foot archers and hoplites with +2 pierce armor.
Infantry and heavy infantry buff :
- Foot units are harder to kite with ranged units.
- Hoplites and camels can now give a better defense for Infantry against cavalries in every game.
- Villagers capacity of runing away from enemies debuffed with the removal of wheel for a more realist effect.
08/12/19 v1b2 patch notes :
-The mirror towers have been replaced by shang heavy elephants that can not attack their enemies enclosed in fortifications (kill them to unlock composite archers).
-To prevent players from deleting their enemies forests with wall foundation, all the stone has been removed except the 5 stone mines closer to the persian bases.
09/24/19 v1c patch notes :
- For the 2v2, macedonian's archery range are disabled and Hoplites are prohibited, killing heavy elephants will unlock Hoplites.
I will upload a new 2v2 file then I will rework this one to be 1v1 by removing yellow, brown and their respective king gazellas. (done 09/25/19)