- In the first one Arminius and his men must unite enough of the other Germanic tribes under their banner, that they will not make any problems once you start...
- Phase two, in which you need to ambush and defeat Varus and his Legionaries deep within the forest of Teuteburg. The Romans have a huge technological advantage, so choose your moment and angle of attack carefully.
The other tribes:
* Tencteri: By far the biggest threat since they are the only tribe having access to bronze age units. They will likely throw huge numbers or cavalry your way, so you better have a steady defense going. If you can afford to do so, fortify the bridge they need to cross and use that natural chokepoint.
* Chatti: Very aggressive early on, but once you have your first brigade of soldiers ready, you should be able to hold the line against their mix of tool age military units.
* Bructeri: If unprovoked, they will not pressure you. However they sit on huge stone reserves which will greatly increase your capabilites to create walls, towers and slingers.
Also there are various smaller tribes scattered across the map which will gradly join you without any bigger efforts.