This is a new tool to replace "CustomizeAOE" I released previously.
The program is a tool that allows you to modify any type of file, provided you're working with fixed offset and file size.
Beginners ? Try the Wizard option (F2), make shortcuts...
You can load/save/edit binary technical information about what is to be changed in the target file, and also defined consistency checks on target file (to check that the file actually is the one that was expected).
These information can be stored in /ini Files.
Then, you can use these definitions to customize at will the target file's supplied options.
This program is supplied with ini files (for AoE 1.0b and 1.0c) including...
- ConfigAOE10x_options.ini : some options for AOE, similar to "CustomizeAOE"
- AOE10x_resolution.ini : allows you to set any resolution in RoR. You'll have to type the appropriate values for horizontal/vertical options. You'll also have to deal with interfac.drs by yourself if you want beautiful menus.
/!\ 1.0b is not always maintained now...
1) Run the EXE...
2) Load one of the INI files supplied
3) Select the target file empiresX.exe or a copy of this file
4) Edit target file and choose what you prefer among the options !
(4) : use variables to change game resolution in 3 second: var1=horizontal resolution, var2=vertical resolution.
Windowed mode : you need to get config.dll and wndmode.dll from VEG's mod (+config.xml). Only the windowed mode is implemented in the provided INI file, other VEG's features may crash.
You could use this tool to do any other stuff, just use the UI to configure the binary information, save it to a .ini file and go !
Always BACKUP your target files !
If you used older versions of .ini file, you may have to reset their options to default before using new ones.
You are FREE to use my work for any of your program/mod/anything if you respect those conditions:
- Provide clearly a link to this page (and credit).
- Your program/mod/anything must be open source so that it makes the modding community stronger.