- Backup empiresx.exe, just in case ;)
- Windows XP, 7 or later (may work with linux using wine+winetricks, but not guaranteed)
- Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable libraries 2013
-- If not working: For Windows 10 you can try this link (from Microsoft too) : update for visual 2013 redist
-- For Windows 10 you can try installing this all-in-one installer instead (THANK YOU PhatFish).
- Rise of Rome expansion !
- Windows 10 users : If you experiment issues (e.g. RockNRor plugin does not seem to work well), run the game in compatibility mode (XP, or Win7)
-- To check is RockNRor is active, select a unit in-game and press F2 key. If a popup shows up, then RockNRor is active.
TECH INFO :
- Developed for Rise of Rome 1.0a. Some features are compatible with AOE 1.0b, 1.0c and ROR 1.0.
- RockNRorAdmin.Exe can install RockNRor plugin and change resolution (including copying necessary files) for you
- Strong consistency checks : program will warn you if something went wrong, and before doing any harm
- Strong consistency checks : if you try to use it with other files than original empiresx.exe, you probably will encounter an check error.
FEATURES / TROUBLESHOOTING / DISCUSSIONS:
See forum topic.
* 1920*1200 interfac.drs files if you choose that resolution.
* 1920*1080 interfac.drs files if you choose that resolution.
* 1280*1024 interfac.drs files if you choose that resolution.
To change resolution: extract the interfac.drs archive you chose above, then use RockNRorAdmin's menu to change resolution and select the data/data2 DRS files when asked for.