Posted on 09/26/12 @ 08:17 AM (updated 06/10/20
RockNRor VERSION 184.108.40.206 (+ROR_API).
Find more information in CustomizeAOE forum topic and CustomROR forum topic and RockNRor webpage
- Backup empiresx.exe, just in case ;)
- Windows XP, 7 or later (may work with linux using wine+winetricks, but not guaranteed)
- Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable libraries 2013
-- If not working: For Windows 10 you can try this link (from Microsoft too) : update for visual 2013 redist
-- For Windows 10 you can try installing this all-in-one installer instead (THANK YOU PhatFish).
- Rise of Rome expansion !
- Windows 10 users : If you experiment issues (e.g. RockNRor plugin does not seem to work well), run the game in compatibility mode (XP, or Win7)
-- To check is RockNRor is active, select a unit in-game and press F2 key. If a popup shows up, then RockNRor is active.
TECH INFO :
- Developed for Rise of Rome 1.0a. Some features are compatible with AOE 1.0b, 1.0c and ROR 1.0.
- RockNRorAdmin.Exe can install RockNRor plugin and change resolution (including copying necessary files) for you
- Strong consistency checks : program will warn you if something went wrong, and before doing any harm
- Strong consistency checks : if you try to use it with other files than original empiresx.exe, you probably will encounter an check error.
FEATURES / TROUBLESHOOTING / DISCUSSIONS:
See forum topic.
* 1920*1200 interfac.drs files if you choose that resolution.
* 1920*1080 interfac.drs files if you choose that resolution.
* 1280*1024 interfac.drs files if you choose that resolution.
To change resolution: extract the interfac.drs archive you chose above, then use RockNRorAdmin's menu to change resolution and select the data/data2 DRS files when asked for.
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3  |
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
Hello, I'm having problems using multiplayer with RockNRor, for some reason the computer tries to control all human players as well(I can still issue commands, but it is as if me and the computer are trying to control at the same time). All other aspects of the mod work for me.
There is one other detail, if I try multiplayer and then go to normal single player random map then the problem happens there as well, but if I don't go in multiplayer then random map works normally.
There is one caveat though, I'm running this on wine and I know this might be the whole problem, I just wanted to know if anyone experienced this issue before.
Yes, I too have faced a similar issue. I just assumed RockNRor doesn't support multiplayer.
I just ran a test and it's working properly on my computer. Are you using latest version of RockNRor ?
I guess it could be a side effect of windows10 compatibility issues : the different symptoms can be
- the game won't run because of some graphics init failure
- the game runs but RockNRor mod is not loaded properly.
I think you are in case #2 : RockNRor mod is inactive. One side effect is that AI tries to command all players, but there must be plenty of other side effects.
For example, select a unit and press "F2" key. Does a popup show up, or nothing happens ? If nothing happens, it means RockNRor is not working and you need to fix it.
From what I know here's what you can do to fix RockNRor issues on WIN10 environment :
- Install Visual C++ 2013 redistributable libraries (as indicated in the article). It seems M$ have fixed it now (previously it was not working on Win10). If not, do the next step:
- If you still have issues, install the "all in one" link that was provided by PathFish (I'm not sure it's still necessary)
- If you still have issues, right click on empiresx.exe (or the desktop shortcut) and set compatibility mode to Windows 7 or Windows XP.
Don't hesitate to give a feedback to confirm (I hope) this works for everybody
Hello chab. Sorry for taking so long to reply :p I can say to you that this is not the case for me. First rocknror is working correctly, I can access F2 menu, F1, everything else. Also I already have compatibility mode for windowsXP, also tried windows 7 with no success. But as I told you, this might all be happening because I'm running this under wine.
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3  |