This is the trial (demo) version of AoE Gold for the Pocket PC. The game is exactly the same as the PC counterpart and is a blast to play. If you want to give it a try before purchasing the full version, download this file.
- All original PC game sound effects
- All but 2 of the original PC game musical tracks
- 3 minute intro video (optional)
- Full user manual embedded in Pocket IE readable HTML file
Age of Empires: Pocket PC Edition uses Install Shield, and installs like any other standard Windows Mobile-based Pocket PC application. Due to large size of the game, installs are divided into five pieces: main game, campaigns, scenarios, user manual, and intro video. Only the main game need be installed to play. But to access the other components (e.g. scenarios, campaigns, etc.), they must each be installed separately using Install Shield. For Windows Mobile based Pocket PC devices with memory card slots, the game or any of the components can be installed on a memory card to free up main memory. Individual components can also be deleted after installation to save space.
1. Main game only 9.8MB
2. Campaigns 5.1MB
3. Scenarios 1.2MB
4. User manual 0.3MB
5. Intro video 4.0MB
A complete installation with all components takes up 20.4MB. Saved games typically require 150K to 300K each; however, large campaigns can require upwards of 700K per save.
Win 3.0 CE, Pocket PC 2002 or Pocket PC 2003 Windows Mobile-based device with a StrongARM or Xscale processor, minimum of 32MB RAM (64 MB Ram recommended), with 12MB of free program memory, supporting 12-bit or 16-bit color.
Installing Age Of Empires for Pocket PC:
1. Extract the contents of the zip to your desktop PC.
2. Attach your Windows Mobile Pocket PC via activesync.
3. Click Age of Empires Demo (ARM-XSCALE).exe from your PC to launch the installer and follow the onscreen instructions.
4.Once the installation has finished, you can launch Age of Empires from your Start-> Programs-> Games folder on your Pocket PC.