- All Units Unhidden: Enables all units from all civilizations to be displayed on the unit menu in the map editor.
- Unit Disembodiment: Allows units to be placed on each other without any limitation.
- Terrain Derestriction: Disables the terrain restriction of all units.
- [Missile Control]: Enables movement or deletion of missile units in the map editor.
- [Corpse Control]: Enables movement or deletion of dead units in the map editor.
- [Steady Tree Stump Placement]: Disables the misplaced rotation of tree stump graphic.
- [Traitor Name Bug Fix]: Makes the name and help message of the unit Hero_Traitor_01 display properly.
- [Elephant King Graphic Bug Fix]: Makes the attacking graphic of Elephant King display properly.
- [RoR Horse Graphic Bug Fix]: Makes the moving graphic of Horse in RoR display properly.
- Clear Terrain: Disables terrain attachment units for Grass, Water, Beach and Desert terrains.
- Language.dll Stringtable Revision: Corrects some minor mistakes of language.dll stringtable such as capitalization and misnaming.
- empiresaoe.dat/empiresror.dat: Unhide All + New Features (no effect on normal gameplay)
- empiresaoe2.dat/empiresror2.dat: Unhide All + New Features + Unit Disembodiment + Terrain Derestriction (affects gameplay)
- empiresaoe3.dat/empiresror3.dat: Unhide All + New Features + Clear Terrain (no effect on normal gameplay, but affects random map objects)
- empiresaoe4.dat/empiresror4.dat: Unhide All + New Features + Clear Terrain + Unit Disembodiment + Terrain Derestriction (affects gameplay)
- language.dll: Revised language.dll. (no effect on normal gameplay)
To install the enhanced editor, please choose the dat file with the features you want and replace the original one inside Age of Empires\data or Age of Empires\data2 folder with it.
With the first (empiresaoe.dat/empiresror.dat) or third (empiresaoe3.dat/empiresror3.dat) file installed, you need not to restore original game database before testing your scenario or campaign.
Remember to backup the old file before or otherwise you would have to reinstall the game in order to restore the master database.
To install the revised language.dll, simply replace the original file in Age of Empires folder with it.
This amazing patch is the combination of the Enchanced editory and fixes some bugs as well.
Such as the Elephant King attack bug (which puts me off using it in Designing), The Horse motion in ROR.
DOWNLOAD THIS NOW!!!
Posted on 07/23/07 @ 10:23 AM
Wow, that's a must download for every designer. You can now test your campaigns without replacing every time the dat file. This also fixes some small bugs in the game.
Well, without Scenario_t_c there was not going to be any major utility. I love the enhanced editor so much that I take it for granted.
Posted on 07/24/07 @ 09:33 AM
Another superb update on the most anticipated files ever. The several bugfixes are most welcomed (Just seeing the RoR Horse in action made me almost cry) and being able to move and delete Missiles is just incredible.
This is the #1 must-have tool for every AoE designer, 100% worth the download!
Posted on 08/07/07 @ 04:14 PM
Some people forgot another thing that this editor does: Gives you the ability to generate BLANK maps. Tell me thats not a ton of work saved for you deleting random junk. This editor is one of the most helpful utlities and a MUST HAVE for ANY designer. This brings the technology of a new game to 10 year-old game. Fantastic.