I was told to use this unicode editor for editing the language.dll by scenario_t_c and I'm currently writing an article for editing the language.dll using this program. It was created by Localization Tools Group who have gone under some time in the past. Hope you enjoy this utility.
The Pebble32 Unicode Editor is an amazing tool. You can use it to easily read through all the messages in the language.dll file - it makes editing them so easy, it has a search function to find the part you want in the massive file, which previously made dll editing a bit of a chore, and many parts of the dll I had never seen before when reading it with other programs. This highlights all the aspects of the game you can change.
Today I tested this out with some simple changes I made up as I went through it - I was amazed just how many aspects of the game I was able to change. I edited the "Game Pasued" message to read "Timeout!". I changed the vcitory and loss messages, I even changed the menu so that the Scenario editor was changed to "Scenario Maker". Seeing these changes in the interface looked so cool. It's a fun tool to play around with even if you never plan to design a scenario.
I've saved the best part until last - we can now rename units without worrying about how long their names are. This was a really difficult problem before, because we had to choose a unit that had a long enough name, or make the name shorter. We can now utilize every unit and use the ones we want, without giving a second thought to their name. I can see language.dll files becoming a lot more popular now that we have many new ideas on what to edit, and this powerful tool to make them all a reality.
A great piece of software, and thanks to scenario_t_c for telling us about and Dark Archer for uploading to to the granary.