This patch upgrades AoE to version 1.0c and RoR to 1.0a. It also includes all previous patches and is needed for the zone.
If you are playing a multiplayer game, all players must be using the same version of Age of Empires and Rise of Rome.
Idle Villager Key - Pressing the period ( . ) key selects and centers the view on a villager or fishing boat that is not assigned a task. Pressing ( . ) cycles though all idle villagers and boats in the game. This is a keyboard-only command; there is no on-screen control for it.
Shang Food Cost - The cost of a Shang villager was reduced to 40 food. The amount of food the Shang player starts with was reduced by 40.
Phoenician Woodcutting Bonus - Phoenician villagers now work 15% faster. In previous versions of Age of Empires, they worked 54% percent faster.
* Market Tribute Bug - If you have an incompletely built market, you can no longer send a tribute until it is completed.
* Wall Overrun Bug - If you build a wall from the inside of the map to the edge, it will no longer build wall foundations all the way across the map.
* Deleted Shallows Object Bug - If you delete shallows in the map editor, units can no longer walk over the old shallows area.
* Building Through Diagonal Walls Bug - A villager can no longer build a building on the opposite side of a diagonal enemy wall.
* Converted Dock Bug - You can no longer continue to trade at your dock after it has been converted.
* Farm Bug - When both a farmer and Farm are selected at the same time, pressing "S" no longer causes the farm to replenish the amount of food available.
* Building and Training at Incorrect Building Bug - You can no longer train units at a building not intended for that purpose.
* Cheats Removed from Multiplayer - The GAIA, Reveal Map, and No Fog cheats have been removed from multiplayer.
* Steroids Bug - Cheating in multiplayer games by using the Steroids cheat has been prevented.
* Anti-Trainer Technology - Technology has been added to Age of Empires to cause multiplayer games to go out of sync if any of a variety of hacks are attempted.
* Multiplayer Game Launching - Multiplayer games with larger numbers of players (6 or more) or with bad modem connections are much more likely to succeed on launching.
* Palmyran Free Tribute on Full Tech Tree Bug - When the Full Tech Tree option is selected, the Palmyran civilization players no longer receive the free tribute bonus.
Uninstalling Age of Empires 1.0c and Rise of Rome 1.0a
To uninstall Age of Empires 1.0c or Rise of Rome 1.0a and restore version 1.0
1. Go to Program Files/Microsoft Games/Age of Empires (or where you installed Age of Empires), and then delete the files Empires.exe, Empires.exe, Language.dll, and Languagex.dll.2. Install version 1.0 from the Age of Empires or Rise of Rome disc.