You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoE Multiplayer Forum
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoE Multiplayer Forum » Current state of multiplayer
Bottom
Topic Subject:Current state of multiplayer
steviedotboston
Clubman
posted 04-07-20 09:15 AM ET (US)         
It's probably been a decade since I've played AOE, but I just set up a Windows 2000 VM and installed Gold Edition on it. It runs really well, and I'd like to try out multiplayer if anyone else is still playing this.

I see some mention of Gameranger and Voobly, but I'm not familiar with those and don't see much documentation here on how to set them up.

Just looking for a basic run down on how to play multiplayer over the internet and where to find other people.

Thanks!
AuthorReplies:
Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 04-07-20 04:47 PM ET (US)     1 / 2       
Well, I've never really thought that there would be a need of any documentation, as the clients normally have a pretty straightforward installation procedure and pretty intuitive interface. GameRanger is probably the one I have most experience with, you just install the client, it should detect the game on your drive and you should be good to join games. I'm a bit less familiar with Voobly but I want to remember the process being about the same. I think it has the bigger community of the two as well. Both of them should just launch the game for you once someone opts to do so.

Give it a try, and come back if you run into any problems!

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
rakovsky
Clubman
posted 09-23-20 06:47 PM ET (US)     2 / 2       
Right. Gameranger and Voobly are free and are pretty straightforward and simple in their process of setting them up and playing AOE:ROR on them.

Here is the Gameranger website:
www.gameranger.com

You just have to click the big button saying "Download Gameranger" to get started.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames