You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » Another strange thing
Bottom
Topic Subject:Another strange thing
Kastanje57
Clubman
posted 10-21-20 08:59 PM ET (US)         
Hi,

I've made an .AI which produces 2 slingers (T347 Soldier-Slinger 2 12 2, so it retrains twice), 30 Legions and 10 priests.
It all works ok for one strange thing.

Instead of making 2 slingers which retrain twice, it makes 2 bowmen?????????
And than, when I kill the bowmen the first time, it's ok but when I kill a newly trained bowman (the third or the fourth time) the game craches completely, the game stops and shuts down.

Does anybody knows why the civ makes bowmen instead of slingers???
And why is the game crashing totally?

Can it be that the default .AI which is integrated in the game software overrrules a custom made .AI?
If yes, than this could be the reason of the crashing.

Update 22-10, even when I remove the slingers from the .AI list, the civ keeps on making 2 bowman and yes, the game crashes when I kill them after the're retrained.
I hope someone can help me out with this, I really don't understand what's going on.

Over 20 years after it's first release, I'm still in love with this AoE-RoR masterpiece

[This message has been edited by Kastanje57 (edited 10-22-2020 @ 12:31 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
chab
Clubman
posted 10-23-20 04:49 AM ET (US)     1 / 8       
AI players may train "unexpected" units in panic mode if they are attacked in their city and not able to defend themselves.

However I'm not sure your crash has anything to do with the build list.
If you modified empires.dat, a bad configuration related to bowmen could be the reason.
Or using a mod, custom graphics,... ?
Kastanje57
Clubman
posted 10-24-20 11:42 AM ET (US)     2 / 8       
Hi, thanks for answering.

I eventually deleted the game software and re-installed it again.
It seems the problems are gone.
Another thing that was happening, I made a short .AI where a CP had to make 1 slinger, 1 camel and 3 elephant archers for a special reason. The CP had to go to the iron age asap.
It all worked ok but the civ trained 3 camels instead of one all the time.
Since I re-installed the software, that problem is solved too.

As far as I know, the software makes use of some 'temporary' files like game.nfo and the .UH files to store game info. I guess that these files, one or more, got corrupted.
That's the only reason I can think of now.

Anyway, I'm very glad that things are ok again.

Over 20 years after it's first release, I'm still in love with this AoE-RoR masterpiece

[This message has been edited by Kastanje57 (edited 10-24-2020 @ 11:43 AM).]

Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 10-27-20 05:02 AM ET (US)     3 / 8       
DO you think the .UH file has something to do with Machine Learning?

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
Kastanje57
Clubman
posted 10-28-20 12:41 PM ET (US)     4 / 8       
I don't know what you mean exactly.
What I do know is that the software is able to learn from human behaviour. There's a setting for that in the .per listing.
I assume that this informatiom is stored in the .UH files as well as in the game0.nfo. Probably some .dll's play a role too.

Since I've re-installed the AoE software again, I have no problems anymore. That's why I think that one of these files got corrupted, due to something I've previous done wrong in the .AI and .Per setttings. What it exactly is, I don't know.

chab
Clubman
posted 10-29-20 09:02 AM ET (US)     5 / 8       
UH file has nothing to do with your problems.

You're right, the goal was to have so kind of learning from human in-game behavior, but it seems it was never really implemented. You can ignore UH files.
Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 10-30-20 04:55 AM ET (US)     6 / 8       
This is one of those rare times that Chab is wrong about something. It might not have anything to do with the .uh file, it might not even be visible in the game's source code, but anyone who has played enough of AoE1 knows that the computer does learn things over time.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
rakovsky
Clubman
posted 11-02-20 04:49 PM ET (US)     7 / 8       
Artificial Intelligence?

:/
Kastanje57
Clubman
posted 11-04-20 01:47 PM ET (US)     8 / 8       
It's my expierence too.
I've noticed many times that the software learns from my actions.

Eg. When I play a random map against 3 cp's for - let's say - 5 times in a row and everytime I start attacking them in the bronze age.
Than most cp's come to me in the tool age after a while.
When I chance my tactics and attack them in the tool age 5 times in a row, the cp's starts building more and more stronger defences after a while.
And so on.

When it comes to playing campaign scenario's, the cp's adjust their tactics according to what I do.
So, when I start playing a scenario and decide after a while that another tactic might work better. I than quit the game, start over and the cp's adjust their tactics too.

That's my experience over the past 20 years of playing the game.
Btw, it's also the same with AoK and AoM.

[This message has been edited by Kastanje57 (edited 11-04-2020 @ 01:49 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames