You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » Sometimes it does, mostly it doesn't
Bottom
Topic Subject:Sometimes it does, mostly it doesn't
Kastanje57
Clubman
posted 10-14-20 04:49 PM ET (US)         
Hi,

Something strange is going on.
I made an .ai file to produce a strong civ.
The beginning is as follows:

B109 Town_Center1 1 -1
U83 Man 6 109
B12 Barracks1 1 -1
U83 Man 6 109
B45 Dock_1 1 -1
T83 Man 6 109 2

C101 Tool_Age 1 109
B84 Market1 1 -1
T347 Soldier_Slinger 1 12 2
U83 Man 2 109
B87 Range1 1 -1
B50 Farm 1 -1
U83 Man 2 109
R107 Wood_Working 1 84
B50 Farm 1 -1

C102 Bronze_Age 1 109

As far as I know, there's nothing wrong with this.
The strange thing is, that once out of 3-4 times, the civ goes all the way to the Iron age and become the civ I've intended.
The other times, they refuse to build the Archery range.
They just skip it.
They do build the 2 man and the 2 farms that come next in the Ai listing and than it stops because they can't go to the Bronze age.

I really hope that someone can explain to me what's happening.
Why do they sometimes follow the commands in the AI listing and why do they skip mostly the building of the Archery range?

I've tried lots of things, e.g. changed the Archery range for a stable, that doesn't help.
I've created more space for them to build, that doesn't help and so on.

I really get very frustrated with this because I don't know what's happening.

Over 20 years after it's first release, I'm still in love with this AoE-RoR masterpiece
AuthorReplies:
The_Patriarck
Clubman
posted 10-16-20 03:04 PM ET (US)     1 / 4       

When the AI can't get enough resources soon enough or it takes too long to build/research something they can sometimes remove items from their build list.

If the builder that is going to build the structure gets attacked, the AI can delete the structure and skip it altogether.

If you really want the AI to not skip the structure, place a "C" tech right after the structure in the list.

B50_Farm3-1
B79_Watch_Tower2-1
U83 Man2109
B87_Range11-1
C41Leather_Armor_Archers1103
T4 Unit_Bowman2873
B50_Farm2-1

This will stop the AI from continuing on until they research/build everything before "Leather_Armor".
chab
Clubman
posted 10-17-20 06:48 AM ET (US)     2 / 4       
there are plenty of bugs in AI with build list.
For example, if a construction is destroyed [before it is completed], AI player's build list information is not correctly updated in the game memory and it will fail to build again.
It this is what happened to your AI player, there is not much solutions as it's a bug in the game. Please note there's nothing specific to your build list, it's a more general bug.

Another example, I think everyone already noticed that AI player kind of stop managing their economy/buildings after building a wonder. That's the same kind of bugs.

Except for rocknror I doubt any mod fixes that kind of bugs.
Kastanje57
Clubman
posted 10-17-20 10:23 AM ET (US)     3 / 4       
Hi, thanks for the answers, it helps.

E.g., there's a big chance that the villagers who's assigned to build the archery range gets attacked or even killed beforehand.
That would be a logical reason to me.

I will put the "C" in the build list, just to be sure.
And I will adjust things in such a way that the villagers won't get attacked to soon.

The issue with the building list after the civ. starts to build a wonder, I knew already. I found it somewhere in a post from a long time ago.
When the civ starts to build a wonder, all other villager activity stops. E.g., when a villager is repairing something, it stops doing so when the building of a wonder starts.

Thanks again, I think I now know what's happening and how to fix it.
I'll let you know after I've tested it again.

Over 20 years after it's first release, I'm still in love with this AoE-RoR masterpiece
Kastanje57
Clubman
posted 10-20-20 05:59 PM ET (US)     4 / 4       
The problem is solved now i've set things in such a way that the villagers won't get attacked too soon.

It was obvious that this was causing the problem.

So, again many thanks for the answers and the tips, it has helped me a very lot.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames