Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » AI en Per files
Bottom
Topic Subject:AI en Per files
Kastanje57
Clubman
posted 10-07-20 04:01 AM ET (US)         
Since that I started to learn about these files, it seems a whole new AoE/RoR world has opened for me.
I didn't know how much impact these settings have on the game play.
Even a slight chance can make a big difference.
Not everything is possible though.
In the AI file for my new scenario, I put a command to make a slinger and gave it a retrain factor of 4.

T347 Soldier-Slinger 1 12 4

It appeared that the software crashed completely after the slinger was killed for the first time.
After changing it to retrain it once, everything is ok.

In all I can say that working with the AI and Per files is a lot of fun. I should gave these settings more concern in the first place.
A slight disadvantage is that there's not very much background information to be found on the internet, especially concerning the Per files.
So I've put all the settings in the Per files together in a spreadsheet, to get a clear overview of all the differences between passive-aggressive-defensive- super aggressive and so on. That helped me a lot in understanding the meaning of the various settings.

When it's of value to others, I can put the spreadsheet in the Granary -> Utilities for others to download. Please let me know if this is worthwhile to do.

Over 20 years after it's first release, I'm still in love with this AoE-RoR masterpiece
AuthorReplies:
Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 10-07-20 09:45 AM ET (US)     1 / 5       
We don't have enough spreadsheets, so please do share your documentation. I'm fairly sure that old PER Editor has fairly informative descriptors for most SN numbers, did you try it?

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
The_Patriarck
Clubman
posted 10-07-20 10:31 AM ET (US)     2 / 5       
The AoE/RoR CD actually has a PDF file that describes what each PER values does. There is also a file that describes how to make efficient AI files as well.
Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 10-07-20 11:21 AM ET (US)     3 / 5       
Haha what I never knew that! That's amazing. I always assumed the devs themselves barely knew. When you open the files themselves and read all the //UNUSED AT THIS POINT lines it feels like the game never quite made it out of beta.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
Kastanje57
Clubman
posted 10-07-20 02:42 PM ET (US)     4 / 5       
I think I wasn't very clear about the info.
I've used all info I could find on the DOCS section of the cd as well as everything I could find here on the AoE Heaven website.
I meant that further on the internet there's hardly anymore to add to this.

I seems clear to me that Ensemble Studios have kept it as a well preserved secret.
E.G.,
- The default settings as they are programmed in the software, can't be found.
- The meaning of this stupid remark "Unused at this point" in the .per files can't be found.
- The meaning and effect of the extra commands at the end of the Passive.per file, actually only differences in the % of exploration, can't be found. It uses VC 7 0, VC 7 1 etc of which I think that these are victory condition settings but no further explanation is available, nor in the software settings itself nor on the internet.

So, lots of things are still a riddle to me.

The spreadsheet can be found at the utilities section of the granary, I've put it there tonight.

Over 20 years after it's first release, I'm still in love with this AoE-RoR masterpiece
LeaWildcat
Clubman
posted 11-11-20 02:22 PM ET (US)     5 / 5       
Thanks Kastan!! That has helped a lot and and I have managed one way or another, like you to pick up all but the custom ai files for DE. We've been trying to unravel Holyman and I've spent the last 2 weeks trying to get it evened out. I need to see those files to see what I am missing. Here is definitely the place for us working on AOEDE as the mod section over at aoe is dead. I even tried Trigger and Genie-rs to no avail. I found this:
[url=http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,44657,,30][/url] yesterday but if they are decompressing aoescn files into a temp folder I can't find it. Anyone else got a clue? or know the structer for the PER files.

Always look up cuz ya never know what might be there to pounce ya!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames