Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Blood for the Blood Gods
Bottom
Topic Subject:Blood for the Blood Gods
Al_Kharn the Great
Clubman
posted 07-02-19 01:39 AM ET (US)         
I am attempting to play Gumble's interesting Blood for the Blood Gods! campaign but I keep running into issues that I don't know how to resolve. This might be issues related to playing with aoe_scout's UPatch but I also may simply be unable to figure out the puzzles.

In the first scenario, your priest is under attack by an alligator. I can manage to convert the 'were-jaguar' just north of him in time, but the lion never reaches the alligator fast enough to save the priest. I have done it enough times that it does not seem possible. Is there something to this that I am missing?

I then used the Hoyoyo cheat to give my priest enough hp to survive the alligator encounter. What I then discovered is that I cannot get to the Villagers on the island in the east with my lions, as they refuse to cross the shallows. My starting priest is on a cliff piece so he is immobile and I have a few Blind Lame Priests. I suspect I need to go to the northern Olmec settlement with my lions, break through their small walls, and take their gaia transports. I would then have to sail the transports down to my starting priest and, I suspect, I would then be able to hop from the cliff and free my priest from his bondage. The problem is getting through the small walls backed up with enemy slingers behind the walls is too much for my lions and clubmen. They die long before they can destroy a wall segment (which the enemy villagers promptly repair so I cannot wear it down with attrition). Am I missing something?

Let me know if I'm just failing the puzzles because I would like to continue playing this interesting scenario. Thank you.

Filthydelphia Creations
Tristan & Iseult ~ 1st Place (tied), 2014 Historical Scenario Design Contest
City of Peace ~ 2nd Place, 2014 Minigame Competition
Dragon's Head, Serpent's Tail ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Defend the Spot Competition
Ragnar's Raids ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Historical Scenario Design Contest
Complete Campaign Collection

[This message has been edited by Al_Kharn the Great (edited 07-02-2019 @ 01:44 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 07-02-19 09:59 AM ET (US)     1 / 4       
I... believe the priest is supposed to be killed by the gator. According to my memory of playing this campaign 5 years ago.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
Al_Kharn the Great
Clubman
posted 07-02-19 08:20 PM ET (US)     2 / 4       
That can't be right because the scenario ends in failure when he dies and he's supposed to convert the Villagers found later in the scenario.

Filthydelphia Creations
Tristan & Iseult ~ 1st Place (tied), 2014 Historical Scenario Design Contest
City of Peace ~ 2nd Place, 2014 Minigame Competition
Dragon's Head, Serpent's Tail ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Defend the Spot Competition
Ragnar's Raids ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Historical Scenario Design Contest
Complete Campaign Collection
Ingo van Thiel
Clubman
posted 07-03-19 07:54 AM ET (US)     3 / 4       
I’m not familiar with this 2010 RoR scenario, but are you playing this with the old RoR it was designed for, or with AoE DE? DE messes up a lot of things in old scenarios, including balance, blocking narrow passages, ruining tricks and even victory conditions.

If you do play it with RoR and still have those problems, it may indeed be one of the patches that messes things up, and then the scenario might indeed be unplayable. Before the patches came, tame lions were popular riddle units and secret weapons in AoE: CPs did not fight tame lions unless directly attacked by them, and did not help each other either if the guy next to them was being mauled by a tame lion. Also, if you attacked an enemy tower with two tame lions, the tower would just kill one and then become paralysed and allow the second lion to destroy it. All this enabled players to do a lot of stealth killing/destroying with tame lions because the CPs couldn‘t properly recognize them as enemy units. I think this was „fixed“ by one of the later patches, and many riddle scenarios that featured that bug became unplayable.

My new double album, "Song Machine Vol. 1 and 2" with 24 of my songs is online now on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon and most other online services. Check it out, it's published under my name.
Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 07-04-19 02:07 PM ET (US)     4 / 4       
Oh you know what now I remember, in the original game the gator has like 75 % accuracy and therefore misses a few attacks, in the time interval. Even then it was possible to lose at the start due to the randomness of both conversion times and attack accuracy, but the UPatch might actually break that opening scene since it removed all the random missed attacks from animal/hunter combat.

I think there might also be this bug where the computer will ignore the first attack from a tame lion, meaning the lion would be free to tear down the wall if it is sent alone.

Still just speculation based on vague memories.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris

[This message has been edited by Fisk (edited 07-04-2019 @ 02:10 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames