You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Recommendation: A tool to change .SCN and .SCX files into Definitive Edition files
Bottom
Topic Subject:Recommendation: A tool to change .SCN and .SCX files into Definitive Edition files
rakovsky
Clubman
posted 06-15-19 02:42 AM ET (US)         
The Granary database of scenarios is wonderful. There is such a cornucopia of AOE scenarios. Now with the Definitive Edition coming out, my recommendation is for someone to create a tool that would upgrade or switch .SCX and .SCN scenario files from the Granary that they want to play into the Definitive Edition's format for scenario files. That way, people with the Definitive Edition could easily use the tool to play so many great scenarios.

Probably someone has already thought of this.
AuthorReplies:
Basse
Clubman
posted 06-15-19 11:23 AM ET (US)     1 / 3       
You can still play all .scn and .scx scenarios in DE. Just place them in the scenario folder and they will show up
rakovsky
Clubman
posted 06-15-19 04:37 PM ET (US)     2 / 3       
Excellent.
Ingo van Thiel
Clubman
posted 06-16-19 03:47 AM ET (US)     3 / 3       
As Basse said.

Hint: When you look for the scenario folder, look from within the game. Start DE, open the Editor, open ‚Edit scenario‘. The in-game list of scenarios will appear. Below that list there is a button the says „Open Scenario Folder“. That folder will then open in Windows, outside of the game. You can now copy your scenarios into it.

However, not all scenarios will work well after being converted to DE, at least not without some editing.

In quest-type scenarios, previously narrow paths may be blocked because some editor trees have a larger grid in DE.

Victory conditions tend to get messed up when you transfer scenarios from AoE or RoR. This means e.g. if you play some of the old scenarios/campaigns in DE you might instantly get a „You have been defeated message“ when you start playing the scenario.

I transferred most my own old AoE and RoR files to DE. However, I had to do major fixes and revisions to make them playable.

My new double album, "Song Machine Vol. 1 and 2" with 24 of my songs is online now on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon and most other online services. Check it out, it's published under my name.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames