You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Is there a converter for scx to scn?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Is there a converter for scx to scn?
ephestion
Clubman
posted 10-04-18 05:12 PM ET (US)         
I wanted to use some ROR maps in original AOE.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
AuthorReplies:
Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 10-05-18 07:16 AM ET (US)     1 / 6       
If the maps do not have any expansion units placed on them, you can often get away with just changing the file extension, though I have noticed that some of the maps I've done that for have stability issues.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
ephestion
Clubman
posted 10-14-18 03:32 AM ET (US)     2 / 6       
It's mainly the real world maps found here in the downloads section that I wanted to convert. Most of the real world maps are scx or expansion scenario files.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
Fisk
Champion of AoEH
posted 10-14-18 04:40 AM ET (US)     3 / 6       
Yeah, in that case I believe you should be fine just changing the file extension from .scx to .scn

//The warrior of Isola

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
ephestion
Clubman
posted 10-14-18 09:24 AM ET (US)     4 / 6       
I tried on ancient Greece and it didn't work. I tried deleting rocks and things on the terrain that might be ROR related. I changed players around and personalities to AOE compatible ones. However, all tests returned a fail.

Fisk
Champion of AoEH
posted 10-14-18 11:58 AM ET (US)     5 / 6       
Did you get all the beach articles?

//The warrior of Isola

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
chab
Clubman
posted 10-16-18 08:03 AM ET (US)     6 / 6       
I could *try* to have a look if I can do a "save as scn" in rocknror. Not promising anything though
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames