Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » My campaign about The Blues
Bottom
Topic Subject:My campaign about The Blues
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Aracuan
Clubman
(id: Oldroman)
posted 06-21-15 07:36 AM ET (US)         
I got this idea from another forumer's(NewwaveofRnBfisk) thread so thanks to them.

The campaign is a semi-fictional.

This is an upcoming three scenario campaign, which tells about fictional tribe and later civilization called The Blues.
They get their name from the color of the clothes they wear.
It is unknown where they get the blue color, probably from some beetles and not so likely from blueberries.

I don't know what is your view in human history but consider the events of this campaign as full fictional, however it contains some real ancient civilizations.

Scenario I:
Rusty Adders
Scenario size: Huge

In this first scenario you act as the leader of The Blues, who are an ancient modern-human tribe. The scenario is probably situated somewhere in northwestern Asia. You are trying to escape the growing populations of neanderthals to the west. Neanderthals want to be the only human species in the known world so they are trying to kill you.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/658x397q90/661/RNJEEJ.png
It contains a swamp area.

You can't build any barrackes so tooling is very important (you do have a barracks already but it's unusable, so you could build archery ranges in the Tool Age). Also, you must build walls to slow down the neanderthal attacks, but the stone needed to build them is in a difficult place with adders.

Scenario II:
Moving Openings
Scenario size: Large

The name of the scenario is a reference to my favorite scenario of the AoE trial campaign Reign of the Hittites.
It takes ten thousands of years later than the first scenario during the Bronze Age Egypt, Assyrians and Sumerians. Your tribe has succeeded in coming to the west but you have became old(yes, about ten thousands of years).

http://oi63.tinypic.com/ixh72q.jpg
The starting point.

Your tribe is trying to destroy some of the civilizations to gain space for their own and ally with some to not be overwhelmed by everyone as a newcomer to the Middle East. I plan and try to put the player to choose who they want to attack and who to ally with. Also there are bandits as a harassing force difficulting player's goal to become a civilization.

Scenario III:
Civilized Valley
Scenario size: Gigantic

The valley that you "ostensibly" own is fresh and fruity, but the long unrest among the lower public class has driven it into a disorderly war zone. The foreign forces see this rebellion as a opportunity to sack or conquer the heart of your civilization. But those tribes that are dependent on you will try to help you as best as they can, as long as you give them cover.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2zthvdg.jpg

Questions:

Is it sure that I'm going to release this campaign?
It seems like it.

What is it's name?
Growing Of The Blues

Thank you for reading this thread of my campaign.

I might edit this later.

[This message has been edited by Oldroman (edited 03-21-2016 @ 09:55 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 12-04-15 01:23 PM ET (US)     26 / 39       
He lives on the Endor moon, didn't you know?
Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 12-20-15 09:35 AM ET (US)     27 / 39       
Climate change is a beyotch!
Aracuan
Clubman
posted 03-21-16 09:37 AM ET (US)     28 / 39       
I tell that I'm planning to release this campaign soon down to the Granary.

To the Rise of Rome Single Player Campaigns section.

[This message has been edited by Oldroman (edited 03-21-2016 @ 09:47 AM).]

edeholland
Clubman
posted 03-22-16 08:29 AM ET (US)     29 / 39       
Good to hear Oldroman, looking forward to playing the final verison!
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 03-23-16 07:38 AM ET (US)     30 / 39       
Let me know when you've submitted it and I'll approve.
Aracuan
Clubman
posted 03-24-16 11:42 AM ET (US)     31 / 39       
I submitted it.
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 03-25-16 05:49 PM ET (US)     32 / 39       
Approved.
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 04-08-16 08:24 AM ET (US)     33 / 39       
I've played a bit, and I find it impossible to get past the first bit. It's simply too difficult to defeat the enemy waves before getting any kind of defense. The hints do not help much either.
edeholland
Clubman
posted 04-09-16 03:19 AM ET (US)     34 / 39       
Send a vill in the raft to get the priest. Discover the war galley. Make a wall of houses in front of the galley and put the priest behind it.
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 04-09-16 09:02 AM ET (US)     35 / 39       
Thank you. I didn't even notice there was a raft lol. I was way too occupied defending!
Aracuan
Clubman
posted 04-09-16 12:53 PM ET (US)     36 / 39       
Yes, it is much about finding the right things and doing right tactics as straight power against power will likely turn the players ruination.

And, in the first scenario, building the walls to stop the AI attack waves is important, whether made of stone or wood.
Aracuan
Clubman
posted 03-19-18 02:54 AM ET (US)     37 / 39       
At some point I plan to make a new thread for the new DE campaign, which is really on very very early stage.

I haven't actually even started designin, just planned some scenarios which might be come to the campaign.

I'ts a huge possibility that the campaign will be never uploaded,
but if I proceed with it, I might(if I feel like that) occasionally tell what I have done in my thread.

The reason I don't design scenarios yet is the lack of free unit placement in the editor.

I do have planned the name the campaign carries and 3 first scenarios. They are:

Aras - The Bird People

Eagle's Flight
River Raid
Raven Island
Aracuan
Clubman
posted 11-20-18 02:10 PM ET (US)     38 / 39       
I also have another campaign in mind I might make(if they remove default eye-candy when placing new terrain in DE).

It would be about Greco-Bactrian Kingdom and would be semi-historic, meaning, for example, some points like the kingdom itself really existed. However, the larger scale invasion it would include is not written in real history.

After Alexander The Great died and his empire collapsed, the Bactrians were in the most easternmost part where he established cities. These cities united as Greco-Backtrian Kingdom.

Bactrians would mainly be hellenistic, but they would have taken some influence from old Persia and even from Indian tribes.

Here is some ideas for scenarios it could include:

First scenario would be about liberating Bactria and Sogdiana from Raiders and Brigands, then your easternmost city, Alexandria, should have been get rid of Eastern culture(which would give some resist against you) and be replaced with hellenic infrastructure.

Seconds scenario would be rather simplier. You would want expand to the east where the native Indian tribes are living.
They might sound primitive people, but they are experts in the tropical forests. Also they have elephants.

In third scenario, meanwhile in the west parts of your kingdom, The Parthians from the west have made a sudden attack on your hearthland. First you must drive away the Parthian invasion force. After that you must rebuild and attack Parthia if as revenge to their actions and conquer their two main cities, Saramana and Chakdara to fully eliminate them. The Parthians have simply infantry units but they rely on cavalry and archers.

Next scenario would be about war against your old masters, the mighty Seleucid Empire. Ptolemaic Empire might also be in this scenario.
Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 11-25-18 07:59 AM ET (US)     39 / 39       
The period between Alexander's death and the rise of the Sasanian Empire is amongst the most complex and interesting of the GraecoRoman history. I still have very hard times trying to wrap my mind around the changes going on back then, so any campaign that considers that period will be quite welcome by myself.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames