Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » My campaign about The Blues
Bottom
Topic Subject:My campaign about The Blues
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Aracuan
Clubman
(id: Oldroman)
posted 06-21-15 07:36 AM ET (US)         
I got this idea from another forumer's(NewwaveofRnBfisk) thread so thanks to them.

The campaign is a semi-fictional.

This is an upcoming three scenario campaign, which tells about fictional tribe and later civilization called The Blues.
They get their name from the color of the clothes they wear.
It is unknown where they get the blue color, probably from some beetles and not so likely from blueberries.

I don't know what is your view in human history but consider the events of this campaign as full fictional, however it contains some real ancient civilizations.

Scenario I:
Rusty Adders
Scenario size: Huge

In this first scenario you act as the leader of The Blues, who are an ancient modern-human tribe. The scenario is probably situated somewhere in northwestern Asia. You are trying to escape the growing populations of neanderthals to the west. Neanderthals want to be the only human species in the known world so they are trying to kill you.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/658x397q90/661/RNJEEJ.png
It contains a swamp area.

You can't build any barrackes so tooling is very important (you do have a barracks already but it's unusable, so you could build archery ranges in the Tool Age). Also, you must build walls to slow down the neanderthal attacks, but the stone needed to build them is in a difficult place with adders.

Scenario II:
Moving Openings
Scenario size: Large

The name of the scenario is a reference to my favorite scenario of the AoE trial campaign Reign of the Hittites.
It takes ten thousands of years later than the first scenario during the Bronze Age Egypt, Assyrians and Sumerians. Your tribe has succeeded in coming to the west but you have became old(yes, about ten thousands of years).

http://oi63.tinypic.com/ixh72q.jpg
The starting point.

Your tribe is trying to destroy some of the civilizations to gain space for their own and ally with some to not be overwhelmed by everyone as a newcomer to the Middle East. I plan and try to put the player to choose who they want to attack and who to ally with. Also there are bandits as a harassing force difficulting player's goal to become a civilization.

Scenario III:
Civilized Valley
Scenario size: Gigantic

The valley that you "ostensibly" own is fresh and fruity, but the long unrest among the lower public class has driven it into a disorderly war zone. The foreign forces see this rebellion as a opportunity to sack or conquer the heart of your civilization. But those tribes that are dependent on you will try to help you as best as they can, as long as you give them cover.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2zthvdg.jpg

Questions:

Is it sure that I'm going to release this campaign?
It seems like it.

What is it's name?
Growing Of The Blues

Thank you for reading this thread of my campaign.

I might edit this later.

[This message has been edited by Oldroman (edited 03-21-2016 @ 09:55 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
EpiC_Anonymous
Scout
(id: SeH_Mystical)
posted 06-21-15 08:29 AM ET (US)     1 / 39       
I am currently working on my own campaign for the Persian empire, I'd love to test your first scenario, it may give me some modding ideas. Also I'm curious. Are you any good at modifying and writing the AI FILES or PER FILES? I woul love to find someone who could do that for some of the scenarios I am making it would help greatly.

"In 1678 doctors diagnosed a mental affliction soldiers suffered from as 'nostalgia' - homesickness, a longing to return to the past. The cruel reality of war is that there is no return home. No return to innocence. What is lost, is lost forever. Like my father, war's wounds have bled me dry. No words of comfort; no words of forgiveness. No words at all."
Aracuan
Clubman
posted 06-21-15 09:10 AM ET (US)     2 / 39       
Good that you're willing to test my scenario, in exchange I could say that I can make AI files with AI Editor (have you heard of it?) and possibly could be able to make them in your scenarios the way you want.

About the PER files I'm not sure because I never learned about them but maybe I could take some of my time to study them.

Me and you could send our scenarios via email or do you know any better way to send them?

By the way, as I have problems in starting my second scenario it would be good variation for me in AoE to edit your scenarios.

[This message has been edited by Oldroman (edited 06-22-2015 @ 01:56 AM).]

EpiC_Anonymous
Scout
posted 06-21-15 10:34 AM ET (US)     3 / 39       
Sounds great man! I'm working on a campaign for Persia at the moment, I'm fishing one up now that would be great to get a set AI with so they will do things more commonly like attack u and eachother. Email is best

"In 1678 doctors diagnosed a mental affliction soldiers suffered from as 'nostalgia' - homesickness, a longing to return to the past. The cruel reality of war is that there is no return home. No return to innocence. What is lost, is lost forever. Like my father, war's wounds have bled me dry. No words of comfort; no words of forgiveness. No words at all."
Aracuan
Clubman
posted 06-21-15 10:51 AM ET (US)     4 / 39       
Ok, let's email but this place is not the best place to tell emails I think so how about Steam? I see your steam acc is {seh} mystical, I sent you an invite.
EpiC_Anonymous
Scout
posted 06-21-15 01:18 PM ET (US)     5 / 39       
Ok well resend ur invite on steam. I saw one but didn't read this first lol. But yes that is correct. I'll accept it later when in on, what is ur steam name?

Aracuan
Clubman
posted 06-21-15 01:23 PM ET (US)     6 / 39       
Ok, friend invite sent again. My Steam nickname is Aracuan. There are multiple but it's the one with the white background in the avatar.

[This message has been edited by Oldroman (edited 06-22-2015 @ 01:23 AM).]

Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 06-23-15 07:36 AM ET (US)     7 / 39       
I'm surprised to see you back in designing action Oldroman, and it's looking really neat, great to see. I see that you've begun designing in original AoE, and you're certainly making use of it. Those dark grass patches make for some great thread algae in the pond, and the swamp in general is looking fine, you have struck a good balance with the dirt.

If the swamp covers a greater part of the map, maybe you should consider renaming the scenario to Muddy Waters?

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
Aracuan
Clubman
posted 06-23-15 09:33 AM ET (US)     8 / 39       
Well, somehow the Composite Editor transforms the rocks, algae and maybe some other things as they look in original AoE, I'm using RoR. Might be that I accidently put AoE's Composite Editor to my RoR data folder or something or it just converts them even if I were using it as it should be used.

Well the scenario is overall muddy so your name suggestion wouldn't be so bad... Hmm, Not Bad

Just set this as my avatar!

[This message has been edited by Oldroman (edited 11-20-2015 @ 09:25 AM).]

PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 06-28-15 06:11 AM ET (US)     9 / 39       
Looking forward to seeing more screenshots

Aracuan
Clubman
posted 06-28-15 11:44 AM ET (US)     10 / 39       
I got an odd fluency while making the first scenario, because now I have got myself a starting stuck with the second.

Unfortunately, the screenshot of the swamp doesn't look like that cool ingame, as the RoR grasspatches are different. Playtesters can see what I mean.

To liven up some I caught these screenshots from my Rusty Adders scenario:

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/664x397q90/913/6uQxkz.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/662x397q50/910/E2vTFw.png

It can be seen that it contains some narrow spots where important resources may be found. However these are far away from the players start location.

Edit: I thank those who have already done some playtesting, but I need more for Rusty Adders, so I ask that is anyone else interested to playtest the first scenario?

[This message has been edited by Oldroman (edited 11-20-2015 @ 09:23 AM).]

EpiC_Anonymous
Scout
posted 08-30-15 07:40 AM ET (US)     11 / 39       
Hey mate how is ur campaign coming? Also can u send me the copy of my scenario u made the AI file for?

Aracuan
Clubman
posted 11-20-15 04:38 AM ET (US)     12 / 39       
Anybody could tell me what happened to the screenshots I put above?

I don't have them anymore in my comp so...

Also SeH_Mystical I think I sent them already, please inform me if you didn't get them or something.

[This message has been edited by Oldroman (edited 11-20-2015 @ 04:42 AM).]

Basse
Clubman
posted 11-20-15 08:39 AM ET (US)     13 / 39       
They worked for me once I opened them in a new window. Set them to links instead, might be imageshack that doesn't like embedded images
Aracuan
Clubman
posted 11-20-15 09:30 AM ET (US)     14 / 39       
Put them on links, should be fine now.

And thanks for that solution.

[This message has been edited by Oldroman (edited 11-20-2015 @ 09:31 AM).]

PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 11-21-15 08:41 AM ET (US)     15 / 39       
Good to see you're still actively designing Oldroman.

Aracuan
Clubman
posted 11-22-15 07:44 AM ET (US)     16 / 39       
http://pasteboard.co/2knf4A2P.bmp

Wooded narrow area.

[This message has been edited by Oldroman (edited 11-22-2015 @ 07:55 AM).]

edeholland
Clubman
posted 11-23-15 06:57 AM ET (US)     17 / 39       
I could playtest if you still need.
Aracuan
Clubman
posted 11-23-15 07:59 AM ET (US)     18 / 39       
Sure, when the first scenario is ready currently,
I could use some opinion about the second. Especially if it's balanced well, or not.

I haven't even started the third.

I think email would be one way to give you the scenario, but if you know better than that, then it's ok.
edeholland
Clubman
posted 11-23-15 12:30 PM ET (US)     19 / 39       
You can send the scenarios to me at:
1337rjd (AT) gmail (DOT) com
Aracuan
Clubman
posted 11-24-15 03:01 AM ET (US)     20 / 39       
I sent the second one. Please inform me once again to make sure if you want to playtest the first aswell.
Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 11-24-15 10:43 AM ET (US)     21 / 39       
On the "wooded narrow area", the tree placement is looking great, just the right density, however I feel like it's lacking a little underbrush right now. Some additional desert patches, dead trees (I mean the doodad, not the actual trees) and possibly even stone mines could give it a more "real" feel.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
Aracuan
Clubman
posted 11-25-15 00:58 AM ET (US)     22 / 39       
http://oi66.tinypic.com/28wcnt2.jpg]

[This message has been edited by Oldroman (edited 11-25-2015 @ 00:59 AM).]

Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 11-29-15 06:13 AM ET (US)     23 / 39       
I really like densely forested areas, remind me of my homeland!
Aracuan
Clubman
posted 11-29-15 09:29 AM ET (US)     24 / 39       
Nice to see you like it, but if I may ask, your homeland?
Where are you from, or what did you mean with that?
patine
Clubman
posted 11-29-15 01:09 PM ET (US)     25 / 39       
Yes, I'm wondering too. It's obviously not a reference to your avatar, as I'm pretty sure the Hittite home area was a rugged, semi-arid mountainous region with a few river valleys to allow agriculture, if I recall correctly... :P
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames