Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Discord Channel For AI Scripting and Tournaments
posted 12-11-22 11:12 PM ET (US)   
Hello All,

Around a week ago, it was decided to introduce a discord channel regarding AI Scripting. The goal of the scripting channel is to create stronger AIs for Age of Empires (AoE1). One tournament is currently being setup- but many more tournaments are being planned for the future.

By custom AIs, we are talking about scripts (.per, .ai, and .cty) files that can be made with the editors located at the below link

http://aoe.heavengames.com/siegeworkshop/ai-and-per-files/

Lots of attention seems to be going towards AoE2, but we are seeking more participation for AoE1 from the AoE Heaven members. Around 2009, the first AoE AI tournament was held on this forum. Last year, a second tournament was run- but we are seeking many more individuals.

Please come check us out if you are interested. If you do not know anything about scripting- but still are interested, please check us out. We hope to you there.

If you have any questions- please leave a comment

Thanks.

Mr.Elephant

https://discord.gg/zu5uB7YDkx
Replies:
posted 01-24-23 03:45 AM ET (US)     1 / 2  
Hey guys, I just wanted to say I'm submitting a couple of AI:s to MrElephants thing, which counts as me doing my AOE related thing for the year. I hear the event might be getting streamed, starting on february 4th, which really adds a lot to it. I still have fond memories of doing Computer Wars with the people on AoEH, even though all we had at the time was TailSpray taking a load of screenshots from each matchup.

There's still a week to go in case anyone's been thinking about submitting something.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
posted 01-24-23 09:58 PM ET (US)     2 / 2  
Thanks Fisk

Yes, the AI tournament will be streamed starting on the 4th! If you have an AI that you'd like to participate, please send me a message, include it on the thread, or post it on the discord channel.
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition » Discord Channel For AI Scripting and Tournaments
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames