Please login or register

Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Game is still crashing
posted 04-14-22 06:46 AM ET (US)   
Hey, any idea what can i do to stop crashing my game? Aoe 1(without any dlc) works perfect, not a single crash even without upatch, but when i wanna play rise to rome i have random crashes after ~20-30min without any error n it doesnt matter that i play online or offline with bots. The copy is original from gold edition(i play with friends with the same copy, n on 3 other laptops there is no problem with the game, even 1 laptop is macbook with windows), but i also downloaded the other copy n its the same. The problem is on w10 with ryzen 5300u, but i also had the same problem on old laptop with i3 n amd7670m on w8.1. So maybe game has problem only with amd gpu? I tried upatch, compatibility mode, run as an administrator, different resolution - nothing help
Replies:
posted 04-16-22 09:13 AM ET (US)     1 / 2  
There are a several random memory access bugs in AOE and ROR, that can cause crash to desktop during the game with no apparent reason.
They are more likely to happen in more complex games (big maps, many players, lots of units...)

I try to fix most of these bugs in RockNRor (for latest patch version of ROR), however it's hard to tell if your issues are linked to this.

You can try using rocknror just on a single player game and see if the issue persists, to get a better idea.
The crashes I fixed happened quite frequently when there were many units/fights/etc, but in your case it's seems really systematic and early in the game.

If it's not related, then I'm afraid you'll hardly get any help on this (this kind of crash is just too complex to analyze, especially if not reproducible on other machines than yours)
posted 04-16-22 09:51 AM ET (US)     2 / 2  
Try upgrading to the RoR 1.0a patch, or downgrade to an earlier version (1.0), you can find these under Patches in the granary download section. Then try the game with either upatch or rocknror again. If it still crashes, reinstall the gpu driver/the game. Also you can try to upgrade/downgrade directX driver.
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition » Game is still crashing
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames