You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition » Need Help with POP 250 Economy
Bottom
Topic Subject:Need Help with POP 250 Economy
Jehu_1
Clubman
posted 09-11-20 08:32 PM ET (US)         
Hello all

I bought the definitive edition and after knocking some rust off I am back to playing some multiplayer games on the new "Zone". I was playing back in late 90's on the Microsoft gaming zone and was active in this community back that as "Jehu".

Anyway, I was a decent, but not great, player in random map, standard settings back then. Pops were 50, 75 or 100. My experience is for the decent bronze time with significant bronze fighting at the expense of quick iron times.

Most of the games I see today are unranked random map with a pop of 250 and set to fast or very fast (fast is fine but very fast accentuates my inexperience at high pop games)

I am looking for a guide or YouTube walk-thru for POP 250 booming while being able to defend against or attack a pesky neighboring opponent on my way to 100+/- villagers. The best tip I have found curtesy of the oracle at google is that Government Center is the first bronze age building when you are booming the economy. That has helped but I still have a long way to go before I am an asset on a team in 3x3 or 4v4 random map pop 250 games.

Thanks in advance
AuthorReplies:
Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 09-19-20 04:04 PM ET (US)     1 / 3       
I don't think there would be many tutorials about AoE or AoEDE, the best I can think is look at AoK's and adapt them to AoE? not sure if that would work tho...

alternatively have a look at chinese/vietnamese tournament games. They were very active in AoE. Those could offer some clues.

[This message has been edited by Suppiluliuma (edited 09-19-2020 @ 04:08 PM).]

Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 09-20-20 09:47 AM ET (US)     2 / 3       
Well, I haven't played a lot of 250 pop but I guess 200 should translate pretty well. One of our staff members wrote a guide in 2015 or something which is probably our most up-to-date guide on the site. Other than that that Youtube channel AoE Tips has some of the most professional videos on the matter.

It should however be noted that these are Bronze Boom guides and they're kind of made from the assumption that your opponent doesn't try and mess you up with axes or slingers, and that they don't really continue all the way into Iron. The best advice I can give there is to improvise defences as needed. Opponent going slingers? Try and get a few Axemen out to counter them etc. In team games what opposition you can expect is also largely dependent on if you're a pocket or flank player so keep that in mind.

Even when talking 200 pop games, I find that games more often than not decided by the Bronze or early Iron Age. But yes, GC and then TC every woodline you can defend once you're in Bronze, the way you can expand your eco if you're early to the Bronze Age is huge.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
lhcampos1
Clubman
posted 11-06-20 11:29 AM ET (US)     3 / 3       
sorry but where is this "new zone" to play?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames