You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition » A new DLC for DE?
Bottom
Topic Subject:A new DLC for DE?
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 06-23-20 06:38 AM ET (US)         
Apparently there is some new future DLC in the works for DE. Nothing definitive (ha!) as of yet has been announced, nor details made known.

Read about it here.

What are your thoughts and what would you like to see?
AuthorReplies:
Aracuan
Clubman
(id: Oldroman)
posted 06-23-20 06:51 AM ET (US)     1 / 6       
Interesting,

I would like to see a fix for the pre-game instruction maps.
Max_CRAZY
Clubman
posted 06-24-20 09:43 PM ET (US)     2 / 6       
AoE is my favorite age game.
DE is great, just need a few new features to become perfect.
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 06-27-20 04:48 PM ET (US)     3 / 6       
Oh yes an instruction bitmap needs to return. I can think of quite a few other things that need to be fixed. However seeing the state AoE2 DE is in I am not too optimistic about this at all. Don't get me wrong I think it is good that they are working on AoE DE again, I just don't think it will make much of a difference.
ephestion
Clubman
posted 06-27-20 08:09 PM ET (US)     4 / 6       
After completing all the achievements for the game on Steam I haven't played much. The let down for me wasn't so much the game and it's inherent problems, It was the community. I like playing multiplayer maps and a very welcome feature of the new DE version is to share multiplayer scenarios, unlike it's predecessor. However, the community didn't make use of this feature at all. In fact hosting games for a scenario can take ages to fill with players. Also, there aren't that many scenario designers for the game. So the let down for me was that no-one made a really big World Map, A re-enactment of the Peloponnese wars like the scenario for AOM or just some plainly good scenario maps that are good to play multiplayer. And that no-one is using the scenario sharing feature to play these games.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde.
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 07-31-20 06:38 AM ET (US)     5 / 6       
So word is this is apparently an enhanced graphics pack. Not too thrilled about it, I'd rather see them fixing all the existing issues first.
Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 08-02-20 01:25 PM ET (US)     6 / 6       
I agree, although the game is playable now and many of the issues were solved (thanks, FE) some issues are insidious and it would have been nice if those were dealt with.

But at least people are still working in the game. I really thought this game was already forgotten.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames