You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition » Is X019 still going on? Do we get another AoE4 panel?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Is X019 still going on? Do we get another AoE4 panel?
Jinnoy
Clubman
posted 11-15-19 06:17 AM ET (US)         
Hello everyone,,
I mean, we waited 2 years to get any kind of information for AoE4 and then they released a 1 minute "gameplay" trailer without any gameplay.

No UI, no insight in resource gathering, military buildings/production, eco, scale, ages, or anything really.
mobdro.bio/ luckypatcher.tips/ kodi.bio/
I kinda expected a 15-20 minutes AoE4 panel after the show like Nintendo/Blizzard does in their Treehouse events/Blizzcon, or a "feature trailer" like the WoW team releases with every new expansion cinematic.

But the only thing that was shown was a small look over the graphics and time/setting.

[This message has been edited by Jinnoy (edited 11-16-2019 @ 03:44 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 11-15-19 10:53 AM ET (US)     1 / 10       
Just saw the new trailer. Not impressed by it in the slightest. Medieval... again. I want something new and refreshing.

Honestly was expecting some kind of 3d RoN.
Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 12-29-19 02:04 PM ET (US)     2 / 10       
I am with Phatfish...all the ruckus about the new era, just to go back to the middle ages...i am sorry but: boring!

I liked Star Wars, then Disney happened...story repeats over lol.
damiendada
Banned
posted 01-04-20 06:33 AM ET (US)     3 / 10       
I'am not impressed too, i have a bad feeling about it.

Mini Militia App Lock 7Zip

[This message has been edited by damiendada (edited 01-27-2020 @ 08:39 AM).]

Epd999
Scout
posted 01-10-20 07:52 PM ET (US)     4 / 10       
I'll have to wait in see to further game play and what mechanics they are incorporating over from other games before have a solid opinion on AoE4.

I do find it a bummer they couldn't continue the linear timeline and have a modern AoE game or maybe even take a set back and go to the prehistoric era.

Lost Empires Mod
Maybe it's only a fool who'll perilously journey out to what might not be there. But if you want to solve problems, you don't just solve the ones that are there, you find more and make more and go after the impossible ones.
The neanderthals never ventured into the unknown and they went extinct, so who are the fools?
Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 02-02-20 01:39 PM ET (US)     5 / 10       
I only see two honorable options for AoE IV: Either a reboot (a complete remake of AoEI or a Rise of Nations kind of game.) or continue after AoEIII. All other options are lame!
ephestion
Clubman
posted 02-04-20 10:51 PM ET (US)     6 / 10       
No-one likes the aircraft and anti-aircraft in strategy games. They break all the rules and if they were realistic their tiny payloads would make them near useless. So overall I agree that it should have been in continuation of AOE III I would have liked to see the liberation of Europe from Ottoman control as a campaign. But hey, its been twenty odd years and no-one has made the conquests of Constantinople/Constantine campaigns for AOE II so I am not expecting much. In any case WWI is my upper limit of what I would like to see as the late age and planes should act like pegasus not Rocs oh dear God not Rocs. Imagine dumping 10 tanks on a pocket city no-one is protecting and then flying away. Grrrrrrr.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde.
Kataphraktoi
Clubman
posted 02-13-20 05:13 PM ET (US)     7 / 10       
Something like RoN taken to the next level would be good. I was just playing it the other day and its a bit shallow, needs more fleshing out. More city building, religion, politics. When I realized the game was engine-limited to 8 players my mind was blown...what the heck! By 2007? You should be able to support a dozen bare minimum if not more.

Also a complete AoE1 remake would be great. Something that is so similar to AoE1 that even a veteran would get confused if two computers running them were side by side. But with pathfinding and AI on par with warcraft3. None of this remastered HD graphics nonsense either.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel

[This message has been edited by Kataphraktoi (edited 02-13-2020 @ 05:15 PM).]

Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 02-16-20 01:52 PM ET (US)     8 / 10       
More religion? heheh just what RL world "needs" xD
Kataphraktoi
Clubman
posted 02-16-20 05:41 PM ET (US)     9 / 10       
Im thinking something like Medieval 1 Total War Every province has a religion percentage of 100% which tends to break down into catholic, muslim, orthodox, jewish, varieties of heretics, and paganism. If your a orthodox ruler and have a heavy pagan province, its a bit happiness and revolt penalty. Just owning a province slowly raises its religion percentage in your favour. Any adjacent province raises neighboring provinces religion percentage in its favour, so a province surrounded by fellow catholics will tend to stay catholic. You can send priests into other peoples lands and try to mess them up by spreading your faith, to which you can respond with assassins or just by whiping the offending faction out.

Its simple but adds something to the gameplay.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
damiendada
Banned
posted 02-18-20 08:20 AM ET (US)     10 / 10       
It looks a bit like in Civilization 6 game
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames