You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition » Your honest review of AOE-DE
Bottom
Topic Subject:Your honest review of AOE-DE
ephestion
Clubman
posted 11-01-19 01:41 AM ET (US)         
This is a remarkable remake of the original. It has the qualities of a world class RTS and is continuously improved by many updates. I love the game play, the theme, the graphics and music. The only negative thing which may be fixed in the future is the path finding. But aside that nuisance the rest of the game is exceptionally good. The campaigns are inviting and fun to play with. Oh and the only other thing I have to say is that Macedonia is actually the Greeks after Alexander the Great. It shouldn't be held against them that they included Macedonia but left out Athens and Sparta. Just saying.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
AuthorReplies:
Kenntak
Clubman
posted 11-01-19 09:40 AM ET (US)     1 / 6       
The game has improved to a point that I would now call it "great." I really enjoy playing it. Path finding is a bit of a problem still, but it always was a problem. I think the AI is better, and it is nice when you play with computer allies that they automatically come to help you if you are in trouble.

[This message has been edited by Kenntak (edited 11-01-2019 @ 09:40 AM).]

Kataphraktoi
Clubman
posted 11-08-19 12:35 PM ET (US)     2 / 6       
The only negative thing which may be fixed in the future is the path finding
Unfortunately some players like myself prioritize pathfinding over all other concerns so I can never see AoE DE in a positive light.

"Excellent could be any map that has the quality of a ES random map or ES scenario. AoK is an excellent, award winning game. That's where I'd start." -AnastasiaKafka

"Hard work is evil. Bitmaps are stupid. Working on a scenario for more than one afternoon is stupid. Triggers are stupid. Testing your own scenario is stupid. The world is stupid. You are the Greatest." -Ingo Van Thiel
Kenntak
Clubman
posted 11-12-19 08:45 AM ET (US)     3 / 6       
That's too bad Kataphraktoi, because you are missing out on a long running classic, and the best version yet.
damiendada
Clubman
posted 11-14-19 02:18 PM ET (US)     4 / 6       
I think the biggest problem with this game is that most fans of the show prefer AoE2, including me. Therefore, we wanted a clone of AoE2 but with civilizations, units and campaigns of Antiquity.
Draco_Wolfgand
Clubman
posted 11-15-19 12:55 PM ET (US)     5 / 6       
Yes. ... But then what would be the point of plaiyng AoE at all when you could be plaiyng AoK instead?

Ironically, I once tried to make a mod that was literally exactly that( That is: Take the civilizations from AoE, and adapt then into the tech tree and general gaming systen of AoK, except that change the name of some units to become more period-appropriate. ). I eventually gave up, though, for a couple of reasons. The main one being that I just couldnt think of enough unique units for all of then.
Kenntak
Clubman
posted 11-18-19 08:45 AM ET (US)     6 / 6       
I may be in the minority, but I don't care for AoK that much. Players can be too defensive for my taste. AoE is simpler and more straightforward. I prefer ancients anyway.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames