You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition » The AoE and RoR youtube presence
Bottom
Topic Subject:The AoE and RoR youtube presence
Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 09-29-19 05:02 PM ET (US)         
A lot of recent discussions on the board have been referencing popular Youtube guy Spirit of the Law. And while I agree that he makes some quality content (I don't know why it's so satisfying hearing the guy babble about math) unfortunately for us his content is almost exclusively focused on our sister game AoK. Yes I know he made a couple of videos with his thoughts on Definitive Edition but it's not a whole lot to bite into.

For this thread I would like to discuss if you have any good examples of youtube channels which do more Age1 content. I'll begin with a couple I know from this site:

Magnatio is an old forum member who has been doing occassional uploads from year to year varying between the olds ES campaigns and comp stomping in RM to playing through the classic Andrea Rosa campaigns. Those last clips are my favorites. Just watching Andrea's well crafted maps unfold feels pretty calming. Too bad his last upload was two years ago. Are you still around Magnatio?

Another AoEH:er who has not been so active on the forums but is often seen around the Granary is Wynn Luna (Luna Lynn on AoEH), who uploads gameplay from their own well crafted maps, which are often multiplayer. Luna, if you read this, Iäm one of your seven subscribers.

I also know the multiplayer community is still quite active with channels such as Vietnam GameTV. There are probably others who know a lot more about what's going on there than I do.

So, do you know any profilic AoE1 youtubers? Or for that matter people who make regular AoE1 content on other platforms such as Twitch?

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
AuthorReplies:
The_Patriarck
Clubman
posted 09-29-19 05:25 PM ET (US)     1 / 5       
How about AoE4Fun: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCniAiy6Z8SffPCticyDymSg
He does a mix of AOE1, AOE2, and AOE1 DE
Don't forget about AOE Tips: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6gvgy0LRMx_OF6yi6ccTtA

[This message has been edited by The_Patriarck (edited 09-29-2019 @ 07:19 PM).]

Draco_Wolfgand
Clubman
posted 09-29-19 05:37 PM ET (US)     2 / 5       
Whatever are you talking about? I was under the impression I was the only person on this forum that makes threads about Spirit of the Law.

-Looks at the ridiculous amount of threads I made over the course of last week alone.

...Huh. I... Am I crossing the line into annoiyng? I guess I should just stop making these now.
ephestion
Clubman
posted 09-30-19 06:42 AM ET (US)     3 / 5       
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ephestion1/videos?view_as=subscriber

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 10-01-19 05:45 AM ET (US)     4 / 5       
Don't forget about AOE Tips: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6gvgy0LRMx_OF6yi6ccTtA
This guy makes some real quality content. I watched his civ overview of Babylonia and I really like how he started it with a short history paragraph. Shame the guy didn't get the recognition he deserved. Thanks for sharing.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 10-20-19 03:49 PM ET (US)     5 / 5       
Did not get the recognition he deserved? sounds like AoE copared to AoK to me...thanks for the links fellers!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames