You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition » AoE1: DD is confirmed as coming to Steam
Bottom
Topic Subject:AoE1: DD is confirmed as coming to Steam
anterior2
Scenario Design Expert
posted 05-31-19 07:23 PM ET (US)         
Remember when AoE1: DD was first announced? How it was Windows Store exclusive and people doubted it would ever come to Steam?

Well now it's coming to Steam!
“Our intent is to make our Xbox Game Studios PC games available in multiple stores, including our own Microsoft Store on Windows, at their launch. We believe you should have choice in where you buy your PC games,” writes Xbox chief Phil Spencer in a blog post announcing the shift in strategy. The move follows Microsoft’s decision earlier this year to publish its upcoming PC port of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam.

“We will continue to add to the more than 20 Xbox Game Studios titles on Steam, starting with Gears 5 and all Age of Empires I, II, and III: Definitive Editions,” Spencer explains. “We know millions of PC gamers trust Steam as a great source to buy PC games and we’ve heard the feedback that PC gamers would like choice.”
Link

StormComing (to me): "Seems like you're way under-ranked"

Check out my series of guides for the scenario editor in the link below! | Best Otto TR score

The definitive collection of my scenarios, along with my scenario editor walkthrough, recorded games, and much much more!
AuthorReplies:
ephestion
Clubman
posted 05-31-19 08:21 PM ET (US)     1 / 10       
Exciting news. The player base will definitely increase.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
Exarion
Clubman
posted 06-01-19 04:09 AM ET (US)     2 / 10       
They should have done this since the very start, instead of stubbornly push their own store. Still, a good news! Maybe there is still hope for AoE DE. Btw, does this mean we finally get full mod support (which afaik was not possible with the game on the Microsoft store)?
ephestion
Clubman
posted 06-01-19 06:49 PM ET (US)     3 / 10       
I hope so. It would be fantastic to see.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
Romanos_V
Clubman
posted 06-02-19 02:56 PM ET (US)     4 / 10       
After seeing that support from Microsoft/Forgotten Empires is indeed not dead, I decided to finally buy AoE1: DE.

Now I postpone that until it is released on Steam.

Good news!
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 06-04-19 07:10 AM ET (US)     5 / 10       
To those at Microsoft, if you have any sort of conscience after the exclusive Windows non moddable BS stunt you pulled, you will grant players who own AoE: DE right now a free redeem code for the Steam version.

Basse
Clubman
posted 06-04-19 10:23 AM ET (US)     6 / 10       
To those at Microsoft, if you have any sort of conscience after the exclusive Windows non moddable BS stunt you pulled, you will grant players who own AoE: DE right now a free redeem code for the Steam version.
Won't happen. With crossplay both services will be able to play with each other, and I doubt Steam Workshop will be implemented to Aoe1E on Steam. It would be too much work and they would probably ruin the game with even more bugs.
Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 06-04-19 02:25 PM ET (US)     7 / 10       
That AoK guy on youtube did a video on it he seemed pleased lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ubw8B_akY

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
Epd999
Scout
posted 06-04-19 11:55 PM ET (US)     8 / 10       
This is great news as it will help to grow the community and agree that this would have been better with it's release than over a year afterwards.

I had a look at the video and would like to clear up that it coming to steam doesn't mean it will no longer be Windows 10 exclusive; as there have been other games on Steam that are still exclusives. I remember someone stating that it will still be run through Xbox Live, which I think might only go as far back as Windows 8? Which would mean that Windows 7 and back users will still not be able to play DE.

Lost Empires Mod
Maybe it's only a fool who'll perilously journey out to what might not be there. But if you want to solve problems, you don't just solve the ones that are there, you find more and make more and go after the impossible ones.
The neanderthals never ventured into the unknown and they went extinct, so who are the fools?
Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 06-09-19 05:08 PM ET (US)     9 / 10       
Any news in E3 I know they would, unsurprisingly, release AoE 2 DE.
Ris1ng
Clubman
posted 06-10-19 09:23 AM ET (US)     10 / 10       
As most are saying: it should've been done from the start (MS didn't learn from its past mistake - GFWL). But it is good news indeed and I'll definitely purchase it now.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames