You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition » Villagers suddenly idling out all the time
Bottom
Topic Subject:Villagers suddenly idling out all the time
Lord Draganta
Clubman
(id: GiantTalos)
posted 04-12-19 06:56 AM ET (US)         
Game version: Definitive Edition

I have a new issue since the last two patches: my villagers, especially woodcutters and berry pickers idle out all the time. When I give them a new task, they chop and return to drop off site, then they walk to the woods and idle out again. It is really becoming unplayable this way, and google doesn't show me more people with this issue. Anyone else?

LordDraganta: Admin of Age Of Empires Village

[This message has been edited by Lord Draganta (edited 04-12-2019 @ 06:57 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 04-12-19 07:18 AM ET (US)     1 / 6       
I've read several exact similar issues on the ageofempires.com forums. These new patches are hardly tested and are pushed out way too quickly. OOS's seem to occur much more frequently too.

Richard Geldreich is right.

chab
Clubman
posted 04-12-19 11:02 AM ET (US)     2 / 6       
LOL
so decades after, they are still as good as the time when they released the final version, where loading a saved game crashed almost every time...
ephestion
Clubman
posted 04-12-19 08:48 PM ET (US)     3 / 6       
I notice this more on scenarios than on random maps. In one game online I was certain I was being hacked as all my berry collectors were idle. It was a scenario.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 04-21-19 01:57 PM ET (US)     4 / 6       
Strange, I thought this issue was fixed...maybe I spoke too soon.

I have an additional observation. I know there are details that can be improved, and keeping a critical opinion is important, but I would be a bit frustrated if i were part of the patching team: a few months ago Players complained about lack of patches, now players complain about patches coming out too fast
Kenntak
Clubman
posted 04-22-19 06:37 AM ET (US)     5 / 6       
I have not seen this on random maps yet, but I don't play scenarios that much. I will check this more.
Jan dc
Clubman
(id: Den cekke)
posted 04-24-19 11:41 AM ET (US)     6 / 6       
Seems like the issue is related to off-grid placed and/or stacked resources like berries which is quite common in scenarios.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames