You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition » Farm Re-seeding, does Definitive Edition NEED it or is it only what people want?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Farm Re-seeding, does Definitive Edition NEED it or is it only what people want?
The_Patriarck
Clubman
posted 03-03-19 08:13 PM ET (US)         
A week ago I found out that AOE DE will be getting Farm Re-seeding in the next update. Thinking it over, this change might have large unforeseen effects as to how AOE is played. One big and obvious change is the shift from having to watch your farming opperations to a more military focus of the game; AOE has always been about juggling economy and military. Is AOE DE turning into the standard CNC/Starcraft game formula by shifting the gameplay focus? I myself found that the farm re-seeding is something that I WANT in the game, but i don't think it's very "healthy" to the original AOE formula. AOE is taking one more step toward becoming homogeneous with AOE2, which is just saddening.
AuthorReplies:
ephestion
Clubman
posted 03-03-19 08:41 PM ET (US)     1 / 6       
By re-seeding do you mean that there will be a farm que and farms will automatically be reseeded upto the number of times as the que allows? Just like AOK?

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
The_Patriarck
Clubman
posted 03-03-19 08:47 PM ET (US)     2 / 6       
If I recall correctly, yes it will be a mechanic similar to AOK, it supposedly will be in the Granary.
Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 03-04-19 01:11 AM ET (US)     3 / 6       
Indeed farm seeding does reduce the amount of building/economy related macro and brings us closer to AoK, same with multiple tech queues. But if you accept that it sort of begs the question how much needless microing the original AoE formula should have. Did we need unit queueing introduced in RoR? Probably not, but most players definitely appreaciated it as one of the greater improvements to the game, reducing needless micro and letting them focus on the more enjoyable parts of the game. Because honestly, does anyone like replanting farms by hand?

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
chab
Clubman
posted 03-04-19 03:35 PM ET (US)     4 / 6       
Rocknror supports both units queueing and farm rebuilding (which is not a dirty cheat like re-seeding, here you still pay for the farm) since many versions

I don't understand why they didn't put it in DE

[This message has been edited by chab (edited 03-04-2019 @ 03:35 PM).]

ephestion
Clubman
posted 03-07-19 05:11 AM ET (US)     5 / 6       
I like it so far. It is an unlimited auto que which adds to the military focus throughout the game. I think the change is good but I havent played online for a while. I am not sure how it affects MP games.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 03-17-19 02:33 PM ET (US)     6 / 6       
Like walkable farms, I don't see any advantage to this. Unnecessary populism.

For me all is done to cater AoK fans and make it a clone, which is sad, the original becoming a copy of its copy successor :b

[This message has been edited by Suppiluliuma (edited 03-17-2019 @ 02:34 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames