You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition » Music causing delays
Bottom
Topic Subject:Music causing delays
ephestion
Clubman
posted 10-04-18 09:43 AM ET (US)         
It seems when the game switches tunes the game freezes for a moment. Is this to do with midi or wav formats?

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
AuthorReplies:
The_Patriarck
Clubman
posted 10-07-18 01:34 PM ET (US)     1 / 7       
Yes, it has to do with the MIDI files. Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome has always done this. In multiplayer if one player has their music playing it will affect all other players, even if they have their music off. Upatch fixes this problem by using a MP3 file instead.
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 10-08-18 03:34 PM ET (US)     2 / 7       
I never knew this affected MP. Anyways I don't mind, used to it.

Poor AoE has a bad case of midi hickups...
ephestion
Clubman
posted 10-08-18 08:53 PM ET (US)     3 / 7       
How do I make the game play wav files instead of the midi files? Make wav files out of the midi then use the same name as midi except the extension ie Track 01.midi becomes Track 01.wav?

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
The_Patriarck
Clubman
posted 10-08-18 10:11 PM ET (US)     4 / 7       
I wish it were that easy
Ris1ng
Clubman
posted 10-09-18 09:21 AM ET (US)     5 / 7       
Microsoft's software MIDI synthesizer causes a delay every time a MIDI music plays. Unfortunately, that also seems to be the case with other software synths such as CoolSoft VirtualMidiSynth (although they claim this issue was solved in latest version - I haven't tested it yet). The only exception I've had so far was using Roland's Sound Canvas VA (software emulation for SC-55, SC-88 etc.).

The simplest solution is using upatch and playing MP3 files instead.

[This message has been edited by Ris1ng (edited 10-09-2018 @ 11:47 AM).]

ephestion
Clubman
posted 10-10-18 06:57 AM ET (US)     6 / 7       
If Upatch only adressed the aesthetics it would be installed. I prefer playing my own data mod both on voobly and single player.

chab
Clubman
posted 10-16-18 07:56 AM ET (US)     7 / 7       
huh ?
The simplest is to remove midi files, if you want music, just run VLC or whatever software in background !
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames