You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition » Replace original AI within game files
Bottom
Topic Subject:Replace original AI within game files
nrdani
Clubman
posted 09-30-18 07:52 AM ET (US)         
Hello everyone,

Every time I play with some CPU allies they turn against me because of friendly fire. Most of the time it's caused by an enemy unit being converted just after my catapult has fired on it. I'm sure everyone knows this problem.

So I'd like to replace the default AI that I have created, but I can't seem to figure out how the game chooses from the Ai files. I have noticed that there are civ specific AI files such as the "Minoa composite bowman". How about other civs who don't have these spec files?

Also, I changed the SNAllowDiplomacyChangeOnAllyAttack to 0 in all AI files, but the CPU still switches to enemy.
AuthorReplies:
ephestion
Clubman
posted 09-30-18 07:58 AM ET (US)     1 / 3       
As far as I know there is no solution to that problem. For your information though, the new AOE DE version has lock teams option.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
chab
Clubman
posted 09-30-18 10:18 AM ET (US)     2 / 3       
Yeah that terrible behavior is one of the main reasons that pushed me to develop mods on AOE/ROR !

Just a precision, the SNAllowDiplomacyChangeOnAllyAttack flag is set in PER files, not AI.
Anyway, PER files are NOT used in random games, everything's hardcoded in the game.
If you are using ROR1.0a you can use RockNRor mod, its configuration file allows you to set specific values for any PER number you wish (including SNAllowDiplomacyChangeOnAllyAttack = 215)
You will find examples in the provided configuration file (there is just an option to uncomment to change SNAllowDiplomacyChangeOnAllyAttack)
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 09-30-18 10:23 AM ET (US)     3 / 3       
Welcome. There is a solution, and it's here:

http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=1783 (This is for custom scenario's only though).

.AI is chosen randomly if you do not assign a specific one, same for .PER files. This is a PER file though. AI is what the CPU uses to build, train and create. PER is the actual behaviour, from passive to aggresive and other cool stuff like asking for tribute and transporting across water.

[This message has been edited by PhatFish (edited 09-30-2018 @ 10:26 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames