You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition » What is Age of Empires best "noob" civilization?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What is Age of Empires best "noob" civilization?
Draco_Wolfgand
Clubman
posted 07-16-18 04:28 PM ET (US)         
By "noob" civilization, just to make it clear, I dont mean it as a insult. I mean, what would be the best civilization for someone who is just getting into the game to transition into the competitive scene. Just because a civilization is good for someone who is still learning the game it doesnt automatically follows it is bad for anyone else, after all.

One of my first reflexes would be naming the Hittites, as the sheer versatility of their tech tree would allow for someone who isnt quite sure of what strategy they want to go with to try several different tactics until they decide on one they like. Although, ironically, when I was newer into the game, I initially preferred the Babylonians because of the simplicity, yet power, of their tactic of "Having your priests convert enemy villagers from behind a wall". I... Actually prefer the Hittites to the Babylonians now. They just have more options, and Priests are a bit micro-heavy for my taste.
AuthorReplies:
EpiC_Anonymous
Scout
(id: SeH_Mystical)
posted 07-16-18 08:44 PM ET (US)     1 / 5       
I think the best overall civ to learn with is Assyrian. If your desiring to get into multiplayer, watch youtube videos of matches, learn each civ bonuses and etc. Then furthermore practice.

"In 1678 doctors diagnosed a mental affliction soldiers suffered from as 'nostalgia' - homesickness, a longing to return to the past. The cruel reality of war is that there is no return home. No return to innocence. What is lost, is lost forever. Like my father, war's wounds have bled me dry. No words of comfort; no words of forgiveness. No words at all."
Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 07-22-18 08:05 AM ET (US)     2 / 5       
Assyrians are indeed the best RM civilization, they are easier to use decently and are also the best in most pros eyes.
Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 07-25-18 11:42 AM ET (US)     3 / 5       
Of course the answer depends on what one would want out of a "noob civ". From Draco's listing (Babylonian and Hittites), I'd say he is rather going for a civ with a wide array of options, rather than a civ to practice and eventually master a particular playstyle. Assyria, while a great RM civ, are also ne of the game's most limited civs in this regard. One plays Assyria to do a CA rush, and at the very least finish the game by early Iron before the lack of HHA and some siege techs is felt.

Looking at it this way, I'd almost say Babylonia is a first choice. Hittites are great, but the problem when considering them as a noob civ is that the bonuses they get have such an impact that they affect the viability of a lot of strategies. While CA's are always good, Hittite Scout Ships and Stone Throwers can be a major game changer in ways not quite seen for regular civs.

In this way I'd consider Babylon a better "noob civ". Shang as well have a very flexible Bronze game, but lose out in Iron.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 08-06-18 07:55 AM ET (US)     4 / 5       
Shang for being able to turtle and boom. As fisk said when Iron arrives Shang is not ideal.
IaMBraZiliaN
Clubman
posted 08-12-18 07:40 AM ET (US)     5 / 5       
yamato and Assyrians. one of the civilizations practically good for the novice player
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames