You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.104 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition » So, there has been no real update to AoE DE in months...
Bottom
Topic Subject:So, there has been no real update to AoE DE in months...
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 05-21-18 01:27 PM ET (US)         
And the game is suffering massively because of this. I've sort of lost interest too, haven't played it much the last couple of weeks. It has a huge potential to be an absolutely awesome game, yet there has not been any real content update since... the release. Only a few bugfixes here and there.

DE is lacking some serious needed features mentioned a dozen times by members all over the community. The most frustrating of all however is that there has been absolutely ZERO communication from the devs since the first week of release. Obviously FE are working on AoE2 DE and I get that most resources are now allocated to that, but you can't just abandon AoE DE and leave it in a half finished state.

It's called definitive edition for a reason, right?

Anyways, here's a similar topic on the official aoe forums:

Support for the game is dead

What are your thoughts?

AuthorReplies:
volume
Clubman
posted 01-11-19 04:46 AM ET (US)     101 / 104       
anyone know if you can change the pop limit in AoE DE or you would need a tool similar to the awesome RoR population limit changer?

also i heard the Advanced Genie Editor 2018 is "Adjusted" for AoE DE, anybody know if that means they cracked that supposedly encrypted empires.dat so that you can modify civilizations and/or units?

just asking these because trying to determine if i should even bother with AoE DE
Al_Kharn the Great
Clubman
posted 01-17-19 08:36 AM ET (US)     102 / 104       
You can change the population limit (up to 250) for single and multiplayer RM and for custom scenarios you create. Just like Age of Empires II, you cannot change the population limit in official campaigns and custom campaigns created by fans.

Filthydelphia Creations
Tristan & Iseult ~ 1st Place (tied), 2014 Historical Scenario Design Contest
City of Peace ~ 2nd Place, 2014 Minigame Competition
Dragon's Head, Serpent's Tail ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Defend the Spot Competition
Ragnar's Raids ~ 2nd Place, 2016 Historical Scenario Design Contest
Complete Campaign Collection
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 01-27-19 06:33 AM ET (US)     103 / 104       
Even if AGE can read/change the DE .dat, you can't use it because of UWP encrypted permissions locked crap. It's a good development nonetheless.

Mahazona
Clubman
posted 02-21-19 11:13 PM ET (US)     104 / 104       
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames