You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, EpiC_Anonymous, Epd999

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.104 replies
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Age of Empires / Rise of Rome / Definitive Edition » So, there has been no real update to AoE DE in months...
Bottom
Topic Subject:So, there has been no real update to AoE DE in months...
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 05-21-18 01:27 PM ET (US)         
And the game is suffering massively because of this. I've sort of lost interest too, haven't played it much the last couple of weeks. It has a huge potential to be an absolutely awesome game, yet there has not been any real content update since... the release. Only a few bugfixes here and there.

DE is lacking some serious needed features mentioned a dozen times by members all over the community. The most frustrating of all however is that there has been absolutely ZERO communication from the devs since the first week of release. Obviously FE are working on AoE2 DE and I get that most resources are now allocated to that, but you can't just abandon AoE DE and leave it in a half finished state.

It's called definitive edition for a reason, right?

Anyways, here's a similar topic on the official aoe forums:

Support for the game is dead

What are your thoughts?

AuthorReplies:
Epd999
Scout
posted 07-14-18 08:06 PM ET (US)     51 / 104       
The community can't "officially" declare DE dead.

There's a Windows 10 update coming this october, I know it's far away but at least it's something, and I know it'll at least be fixing the chat bug.

You are the best player in DE Epic, no doubt about it. That's why you got knocked out first round in the previous international tournament . The quickest iron time was by Rednose with 15:11 (Source). Despite your claim, I have never seen you 1v1 any expert players. (Also IronSteel doesn't play anymore and was inconsistent, losing a game to comp in the Conti tournament).

You won't get permission to edit the files. So don't worry about it. I would much rather give the .exe to someone like chab if I had the choice, he could do something with it instead of breaking a broken game.

Lost Empires Mod
Maybe it's only a fool who'll perilously journey out to what might not be there. But if you want to solve problems, you don't just solve the ones that are there, you find more and make more and go after the impossible ones.
The neanderthals never ventured into the unknown and they went extinct, so who are the fools?

[This message has been edited by Epd999 (edited 08-12-2018 @ 10:58 PM).]

DoomFrost
Clubman
(id: Cyrix)
posted 07-14-18 11:24 PM ET (US)     52 / 104       
I haven't bought the game yet. Are the files still unmoddable? Are they still locked up? It was one of the reasons why I didn't purchase.
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 07-15-18 02:58 AM ET (US)     53 / 104       
Maybe we could do a game. I still play MP from time to time.

October for the next patch update. You got that from an FE dev? I thought the funding was nonexistent so nothing is being worked on?

Must be the big update which actually takes DE out of beta realms... eh, one can hope.

And yes the game is still locked you can't change/mod any files.

[This message has been edited by PhatFish (edited 07-15-2018 @ 03:20 AM).]

Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 07-15-18 07:40 AM ET (US)     54 / 104       
I don't blame the developers. I never would. I think they did a good job with the software available.
I already knew the AI and resources of the original AoE were quite limited, so I feel the critics in that regard are unfair.

In order to get rid of the game deficiencies you may have needed a WHOLE new game.

I do blame M$, as they should be the ones funding a team dedicated to solve the bugs that CAN be solved, I know some issues won't be solved at all, considering the ancient game engine.
DoomFrost
Clubman
posted 07-15-18 09:23 AM ET (US)     55 / 104       
That's a shame Phat, one of the reasons for Age of Empires longevity was not only because you could create new scenarios, campaigns, and AI, but also because the community found ways to also change the graphics and eventually the data in the files.

You want a dead game? Kill the modding scene. Especially kill it for all the old timers who grew up doing this stuff. It seems to me all Age of Empires DE is, is just a prop piece for Microsoft's Windows Store because they wanted to attract people to using their storefront.

Kudos to the dev team though for the work they've done, nothing against those guys, they have to put up with shit on a daily basis. Especially from idiot higher up's who have no sense and reason. They did great with the tools and resources they were given. I just wish it wasn't put away with lock and key so people won't be able to see HOW they did it.
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 07-15-18 09:47 AM ET (US)     56 / 104       
Fully agree. Better hold off from buying then.

naboofighter
Clubman
posted 07-15-18 05:45 PM ET (US)     57 / 104       
Is there any chance to see an expansion in the near future? And if they bring the game to steam someday?
DoomFrost
Clubman
posted 07-15-18 09:09 PM ET (US)     58 / 104       
They won't release it on Steam. They'll never admit that Windows Store isn't a popular gaming platform by letting Steam sell it.

[This message has been edited by DoomFrost (edited 07-15-2018 @ 09:11 PM).]

Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 07-22-18 08:00 AM ET (US)     59 / 104       
I am with DoomFrost. Sadly the devs don't own the rights to the games, they belong to M$, if M$ doesn't want to give modders the keys, there's 'nothing' we ca do (well nothing is a relative term).

Also I find it discouraging how M$ just doesn't care. Other games considered mediocre at launch like Yes Man's Sky or Elder Scrolls Online, have improved significantly, because the studios kept investing in them. But M$ seems just to care about making hype for AoEIV.
Kenntak
Clubman
posted 07-28-18 06:06 AM ET (US)     60 / 104       
I had to replace my old computer, and my new one has Windows 10 pre-installed. So, I of course bought AoE DF. I have not had much chance to play it, but the graphics are great. I hope it continues to be supported, and M$ will one day let the players mod the game.
EpiC_Anonymous
Scout
(id: SeH_Mystical)
posted 07-28-18 09:22 AM ET (US)     61 / 104       
personally after what they did to DE, ill probably NEVER buy a M$ game of any way shape or form ever again. Ill consider it once they FULLY fix DE.

and doomfrost is right, it will never go to steam, M$ is like one of the worst companies in the world when it comes to gaming if not the worst on my list, completely unreliable.

Also EPD, i am one of the best at the game, i can consistenly iron at 16-17 minutes with rather ease, im sure i can go faster if i tried. I have no need to 1v1 anyone, no one is on my skill level, no one. and again as i said, i had my daughter with me during my tourney and had work that day, plus, i didnt care lol 1v1 to me is probably the most boring setting in all of AOE next to iron high.

"In 1678 doctors diagnosed a mental affliction soldiers suffered from as 'nostalgia' - homesickness, a longing to return to the past. The cruel reality of war is that there is no return home. No return to innocence. What is lost, is lost forever. Like my father, war's wounds have bled me dry. No words of comfort; no words of forgiveness. No words at all."

[This message has been edited by EpiC_Anonymous (edited 07-28-2018 @ 09:27 AM).]

Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 07-28-18 10:38 AM ET (US)     62 / 104       
I'll admit to finding Iron High pretty fun at times.

But yeah, DE mostly appears to be a quick cashin on gamer nostalgia after which focus can be shifted towards new projects. If MS were EA they'd at least fix the game but try and sell it to us as DLC.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
Thompsoncs
Clubman
posted 07-28-18 03:48 PM ET (US)     63 / 104       
EA would have sold resource packs to gain an advantage in multiplayer. Microsoft appears to be more clueless than evil when it comes to pc gaming. Pissing off the longtime fanbase of one your franchises, doesn't seem the best idea when you hope to launch a new entry in said franchise. The lack of information on AoE4 does make me question if it hasn't been silently cancelled anyway.

[This message has been edited by Thompsoncs (edited 07-29-2018 @ 08:46 AM).]

Epd999
Scout
posted 07-28-18 04:10 PM ET (US)     64 / 104       
Also EPD, i am one of the best at the game, i can consistenly iron at 16-17 minutes with rather ease, im sure i can go faster if i tried. I have no need to 1v1 anyone, no one is on my skill level, no one. and again as i said, i had my daughter with me during my tourney and had work that day, plus, i didnt care lol 1v1 to me is probably the most boring setting in all of AOE next to iron high.
Could you please stop calling yourself one of the best DE players without anything to show for it. Ironing in 16-17 minutes does not make you one of the best players. Results and overall performance does. And because you don't play 1v1's, there isn't much to show for your independent skill. What info I do have is your stats on voobly and DE. If I compare your ROR team ratings to someone like Lee_Vu(1865), mrmorec(1840), Vertex(1847) or even Memo(2001) your rating of 1523 is low in comparison. If I look at the win rate of the same players on DE with, Lee_Vu(57%), mrmorec(56%), Vertex(64%) and Memo(62%) compared to yours, 48%. You're not looking like a top player to me and I would like it if you would stop calling yourself as such until you have proven that you are.

Lost Empires Mod
Maybe it's only a fool who'll perilously journey out to what might not be there. But if you want to solve problems, you don't just solve the ones that are there, you find more and make more and go after the impossible ones.
The neanderthals never ventured into the unknown and they went extinct, so who are the fools?
EpiC_Anonymous
Scout
posted 07-28-18 05:51 PM ET (US)     65 / 104       
1v1 then on DE epd or scare?? I can prove it to you gladly lol. Ill have you dead by 20 minutes if not 15, go ask morec, he can tell you. I got my witnesses, ror is different than DE. I have yet to see anyone wipe a whole team like I have, I have more than once cleaned a 4v4 by myself while rushing in games with morec and IS. so if I can do that whats the point in a 1v1? 1v1 bores me so I don't play it, even 2v2 bores me. Also you saying 16-17 iron times is nothing shows how little you actually know really.

also i should mention the elo sytem on voobly needs a complete reset, it is known to the admins as well that it does because it is borken now. your basically saying HB who has i think in the 1500's on voobly is a noob like me? but he is one of the best, so you bringing up any type of elo rating is basically pointless. I also hope I don't need to say how broken and pathetic the system is in DE, you can not logically trust what it says due to it's constant issues and what not with drops and dedicated host and all. I typically play dedicated so when host leaves after I destroy them its considered a loss in DE.

If you doubt me on this please go ask HB himself on the iron times and the meaning of it when you see him next, if he ever logs in again. I can explain it myself as he did to me, but he has asked me to keep the secrets to fast bronzing and fast ironing to myself, and again if you doubt me go ask him next time you see him online, any REAL old style elite player should be able to tell you what it means and how it is done. the amount of management you have to handle increases ALOT between good players and experts and experts to elites. its realllly small things that matter but like I said, HB told me to keep quiet so I will, and one last time if you doubt me, go ask him. I can back my claims up epd, can you? for the record as well, on RoR and you can look up the match btw, I think my fastest bronze time was 12:24 or like 12:20, who again do you see do that today besides maybe morec or memo?

"In 1678 doctors diagnosed a mental affliction soldiers suffered from as 'nostalgia' - homesickness, a longing to return to the past. The cruel reality of war is that there is no return home. No return to innocence. What is lost, is lost forever. Like my father, war's wounds have bled me dry. No words of comfort; no words of forgiveness. No words at all."

[This message has been edited by EpiC_Anonymous (edited 07-28-2018 @ 06:08 PM).]

Epd999
Scout
posted 07-28-18 09:39 PM ET (US)     66 / 104       
Yes, exactly, I have yet to see you wipe the floor with anyone. Why don't you record and upload some POV videos? I'm also waiting for the tournament games that you recorded as well. I'm not scared to play you 1v1, I've even asked before and you've declined. But not once did I say I was a top player. Beating me doesn't prove anything.

HB is 1601 and his 1v1 in 1792. How long have you been out of the loop for? HB is at most a good player nowadays and way too inconsistent. He couldn't even hold a push from Memo in Choson wars. There's nothing wrong with the elo on voobly. The only people with incorrect rating are people who only 1v1 friends or noobs and slowly rise to top 20 because they're too scared to play anyone else.

No doubt HB has a lot of knowledge on strats and how to play the game. But he's not the player he once was. He's too rusty and is no longer a top player and as you said: "If he ever logs in." I haven't seen him in months.

It's not how fast someone bronze that matters, it's what you do with it that counts. And the difference between you and those players is that they know what to do, and they do it well. Morec is only an expert player on DE and can't compete with the top players from Vietnam anymore.

Who do I see do that besides you, morec or memo? Almost every Vietnamese pro has beaten your time of 12:20 by 80 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuRh_HHsJLw

In this video Hong Anh got 9:45 bronze time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mWgTBhmcG8

Lost Empires Mod

[This message has been edited by Epd999 (edited 07-28-2018 @ 09:41 PM).]

EpiC_Anonymous
Scout
posted 07-28-18 11:24 PM ET (US)     67 / 104       
how missinformed you are. :/

bronze and iron times speak a lot. and I have played you in a team game before if I recall correctly, once, you got eradicated if I recall, I rushed your ally to I think that game.

I don't feel like spelling out the specifics for you as to why those times with bronzing and such matter so much. I haven't once played you or seen you on DE, I don't record my personal games, I rather use the storage for other things.

But I have wiped the floor quite a few times in DE, again ASK MOREC. and morec is able to beat IS who with memo won the tourney I believe against the Viet (I don't remember his name.) supposedly the top Viet player on de at the time.

I can easily pull a rush off with nearly any civ and clean a game. it isn't difficult if you know how, nether is bronzing by 12:30. https://www.voobly.com/match/view/17989422

voobly match link of proof of my bronze time.
bronze time is 12:20 this is a recorded and rated match, also notice how my score is over double anyone else?
further backs my claim, if I want to epd, I can handle any active player on voobly.

Care what you call out when you don't know enough. I have been on voobly way longer than you. HB isn't top anymore no, but he knows what it takes unlike memo or morec. It is quite easy to look and see what they are not doing correctly, which given is very little usually.

Tip: within the first 3-4 minutes of the match you will determine whether or not if you will be able to bronze by 12:30 anything after that is below elite level. ask any actual elite if you don't believe me. I did say I can back my claims right? That I have witnesses? Because I do. If needed I can post whole convos about it if you like, ill even ask him for you if you don't believe me.

I played a handful of games when it first came out, it had many errors, a lot of drops. but I have rarely lost a actual match. I believe that tourney match and memo are the only ones who have beaten me on de, next to IS and magma once or twice, any other lost was typically by 2v1 or 3v1.

Again go ask.

I can back every single claim up epd. Every. Single. One.

I'm not unbeatable, but I'm easily one of the best on DE. easily. If not the top, in conti at least, I wont dare claim top in hill I despise hill lol.

and marra can have medit. lol

and no the elo system on voobly needs a reset, aoe was reset in babylon a while back for the same reason, we just have not gotten to Esquline yet.

I'm game staff on voobly epd, I think I know what is wrong with my own lobbies. Especially the ones I'm responsible for managing.

also you realize bronzing to early is a very bad idea to right? oh that 9:45, probably would have been the first dead player in the game. just saying. any elite for one wont let him do that, and two would just rush him from that point, given the fast economy he made and how he probably made it to achieve that time, whoever rushes him will delete him. Not defeat, DELETE.
I can explain why if you need me to.

whoever he was playing was a noob. cant say more than that. Also I'm talking about conti, no other settings btw.

ether way. I can prove my point. easily.

how do you want me to send the videos to you? email didn't seem to work last time.

Epd999
Scout
posted 07-29-18 03:23 AM ET (US)     68 / 104       
The one thing I'm challenging and you have nothing to show for is the fact that you are a top player. You're waving around your bronze and iron times like there something big and important. You just said yourself that they're not. Stop bringing my skill level into this, it has nothing to do with the debate we are having.

I'll follow this conversation up elsewhere. Doesn't really relate to the topic.

Lost Empires Mod
Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 07-29-18 07:40 AM ET (US)     69 / 104       
Indeed back on topic!

One more reply regarding this argument about proving X or Y is a top player, will be deleted.

Thanks.
EpiC_Anonymous
Scout
posted 07-29-18 10:03 AM ET (US)     70 / 104       
So a update in October for DE is supposed to come out? any kind of log change out for it or idea what all it will have besides the chat fix?

Suppiluliuma
AoEH Seraph
posted 08-05-18 05:39 AM ET (US)     71 / 104       
Where did you get that info? Thanks!
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 08-06-18 07:48 AM ET (US)     72 / 104       
Yes please enlighten us.

Epd999
Scout
posted 08-07-18 11:32 PM ET (US)     73 / 104       
I got it from the moderator Hermacles from Age of Empires forums.
Chat bug appears to be fixed in the latest Windows Insider fast ring build. I tested it myself and can confirm it's fixed. Unfortunately, it won't be available for non-insiders until the update is released in October.
https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe/comments/8wuz2v/chat_box_fix_might_be_coming_11/

So I was wrong in saying a beta DE build.

Lost Empires Mod

[This message has been edited by Epd999 (edited 08-12-2018 @ 10:59 PM).]

Ingo van Thiel
Clubman
posted 08-08-18 04:37 AM ET (US)     74 / 104       
So it is just a Windows update, not a DE update... meaning none of the other DE bugs will get addressed. Too bad. Still, the chat window bug is by far the worst and I will be glad to see that one fixed, at least.

My new double album, "Song Machine Vol. 1 and 2" with 24 of my songs is online now on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon and most other online services. Check it out, it's published under my name.
Fisk
Champion of AoEH
(id: Fruktfisk)
posted 08-08-18 04:54 AM ET (US)     75 / 104       
Aw that's a shame. Still one bug less is great news I guess. I'm surprised this thing could be addressed with an OS patch to begin with. DE really is bound to Win 10 it seems.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames